- 9 gold counsellors in Ireland
- Highest proportion in world
- Powerscourt hosted 120 gold Travel Counsellors
Travel Counsellors Ireland has the highest percentage of gold members worldwide with 12pc.
The nine Gold Travel Counsellors who maintained their status in Ireland the year were Dublin-based Roger Barrett and Robert Kiernan; Cork’s Mary Foyle and Sarah McCarthy; Meath-based Mandy Walsh and Lorraine Lawless; Rosemary Chawke from Tipperary; Emer McDermott from Mayo and Susan Hegarty from Carlow.
The five-star Powerscourt Hotel hosted 120 of the company’s ‘Gold’ Travel Counsellors, senior management and sponsors at an event attended by Travel Counsellors CEO Steve Byrne, event sponsors Celebrity Cruises, Emirates, Seabourn, Rocky Mountaineer, Sun Resorts and Flexible Autos. After dinner speaker was Dragon’s Den investor Chanelle McCoy.
Travel Counsellors Ireland will return to Powerscourt Hotel for its annual conference on April 4-5 when 170 travel professionals will attend the two-day annual conference, concluding with a black-tie gala awards ceremony on Friday, April 5.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Ryanair up 8pc in August, set to become Europe’s first 150m pa airline - September 3, 2019
- EL AL to fly Dublin to Tel Aviv 3w year round from May 26 - August 28, 2019
- Ryanair growth rate back to 9pc after year of falters with record 14.8m passengers in July - August 6, 2019
- Superbreak and Laterooms ceases trading - August 1, 2019
- Ryanair turns on Boeing as quarterly profits dip by a quarter - July 29, 2019