- 9 gold counsellors in Ireland
- Highest proportion in world
- Powerscourt hosted 120 gold Travel Counsellors
Travel Counsellors Ireland has the highest percentage of gold members worldwide with 12pc.
The nine Gold Travel Counsellors who maintained their status in Ireland the year were Dublin-based Roger Barrett and Robert Kiernan; Cork’s Mary Foyle and Sarah McCarthy; Meath-based Mandy Walsh and Lorraine Lawless; Rosemary Chawke from Tipperary; Emer McDermott from Mayo and Susan Hegarty from Carlow.
The five-star Powerscourt Hotel hosted 120 of the company’s ‘Gold’ Travel Counsellors, senior management and sponsors at an event attended by Travel Counsellors CEO Steve Byrne, event sponsors Celebrity Cruises, Emirates, Seabourn, Rocky Mountaineer, Sun Resorts and Flexible Autos. After dinner speaker was Dragon’s Den investor Chanelle McCoy.
Travel Counsellors Ireland will return to Powerscourt Hotel for its annual conference on April 4-5 when 170 travel professionals will attend the two-day annual conference, concluding with a black-tie gala awards ceremony on Friday, April 5.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: Boeing’s MCAS meltdown, where will it end? - March 17, 2019
- SECOND Boeing 737-Max loss in 6 months: Ethiopian ET-AVJ crashes after take off from Addis to Nairobi - March 10, 2019
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: A321 production line delay ruins Aer Lingus’s summer - March 10, 2019
- Women to get priority boarding on selected Aer Lingus flights to mark Women’s Day - March 7, 2019
- Ireland has highest proportion of gold Travel Counsellors with 12pc - March 6, 2019