Dublin constuction firm has been awarded two major construction contracts at the €233m Center Parcs Longford Forest resort in Co Longford.
The contracts for the construction of the 470 lodges and 30 apartments as well as the Subtropical Swimming Paradise, restaurants, bars and shops have been formally awarded following a tender process that concluded recently. Sisk will join current contractors Roadbridge on site early in January.
Construction has been under way since earlier this year when Limerick based firm Roadbridge broke ground on the infrastructure contract which comprises the earthworks, road and path networks, utilities, drainage system, building platforms and the lake.
With all three of the major construction contracts now in place, employment on site during the construction phase is likely to exceed 750 people. The resort, which is due to open in 2019, will have capacity for up to 2,500 guests and employ up to 1,000 people in permanent jobs.
Martin Dalby, CEO of Center Parcs, said: “The appointment of Sisk is another hugely important milestone for Center Parcs in Ireland and we are excited about working together and seeing our designs come to life. The next phase of the project will see an increase in the numbers of contractors on site, many of whom we expect to come from the local area. The positive economic impact of our project is significant and this announcement comes on the back of the news that, thanks to our presence, natural gas will be coming to Co Longford.”
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra Sunday Supplement: Dublin aims for 6m transfer passengers as it sends 223 flights west each week - August 19, 2018
- Clickandgo gives you a run for your money as it’s named official Irish partner of Lanzarote Marathon - August 16, 2018
- Virtuoso awards hotel of the year to Adare Manor - August 16, 2018
- 18m passengers use Dublin Airport in first half of year as July breaks records - August 15, 2018
- Ed Sheeran and Dermot O’Leary to promote tourism to Ireland this autumn - August 14, 2018