- Brehon offers virtual reality tours
- animated show-around of the hotel
An Irish hotel is enabling brides-to-be and their grooms – even those abroad – to inspect what it has on offer on their big day using virtual reality technology.
The Brehon in Killarney believes it is among the first hotels in Europe to introduce the technology which enables people anywhere in the world to take a tour of the hotel’s facilities.
The Virtual Reality Tour, which is the first in a series planned for other hotels in The Gleneagle Group, is specifically designed for people planning their wedding celebrations. Rather than just trying to imagine their wedding day, this tour enables couples to experience, from the perspective of the bride and groom, what The Brehon is like on a wedding day, the hotel said.
The 3D experience takes users on an animated show-around of the hotel from the red-carpet arrival reception through to the wedding banquet. By simply donning a headset, users are able to view three dimensional, animated images of the hotel.
Sharon Devine, Wedding Sales Manager at The Brehon said: “We have created this tour to help couples get a sense of how their Brehon wedding will unfold. Instead of sending you a brochure or asking you to view an image online we can now put you in the picture. It will be particularly useful for couples planning their wedding from abroad.”
Latest posts by TravelExtra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra Remains Open for Business - April 26, 2020
- Irish Travel Agents Association announce upcoming events for Autumn 2020 - April 21, 2020
- Updated return to cruise dates - April 17, 2020
- Future of Aviation - April 15, 2020
- Travel Extra May 2020: Surviving the crisis - April 8, 2020