- Brehon offers virtual reality tours
- animated show-around of the hotel
An Irish hotel is enabling brides-to-be and their grooms – even those abroad – to inspect what it has on offer on their big day using virtual reality technology.
The Brehon in Killarney believes it is among the first hotels in Europe to introduce the technology which enables people anywhere in the world to take a tour of the hotel’s facilities.
The Virtual Reality Tour, which is the first in a series planned for other hotels in The Gleneagle Group, is specifically designed for people planning their wedding celebrations. Rather than just trying to imagine their wedding day, this tour enables couples to experience, from the perspective of the bride and groom, what The Brehon is like on a wedding day, the hotel said.
The 3D experience takes users on an animated show-around of the hotel from the red-carpet arrival reception through to the wedding banquet. By simply donning a headset, users are able to view three dimensional, animated images of the hotel.
Sharon Devine, Wedding Sales Manager at The Brehon said: “We have created this tour to help couples get a sense of how their Brehon wedding will unfold. Instead of sending you a brochure or asking you to view an image online we can now put you in the picture. It will be particularly useful for couples planning their wedding from abroad.”
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Ryanair up 8pc in August, set to become Europe’s first 150m pa airline - September 3, 2019
- EL AL to fly Dublin to Tel Aviv 3w year round from May 26 - August 28, 2019
- Ryanair growth rate back to 9pc after year of falters with record 14.8m passengers in July - August 6, 2019
- Superbreak and Laterooms ceases trading - August 1, 2019
- Ryanair turns on Boeing as quarterly profits dip by a quarter - July 29, 2019