- Brehon offers virtual reality tours
- animated show-around of the hotel
An Irish hotel is enabling brides-to-be and their grooms – even those abroad – to inspect what it has on offer on their big day using virtual reality technology.
The Brehon in Killarney believes it is among the first hotels in Europe to introduce the technology which enables people anywhere in the world to take a tour of the hotel’s facilities.
The Virtual Reality Tour, which is the first in a series planned for other hotels in The Gleneagle Group, is specifically designed for people planning their wedding celebrations. Rather than just trying to imagine their wedding day, this tour enables couples to experience, from the perspective of the bride and groom, what The Brehon is like on a wedding day, the hotel said.
The 3D experience takes users on an animated show-around of the hotel from the red-carpet arrival reception through to the wedding banquet. By simply donning a headset, users are able to view three dimensional, animated images of the hotel.
Sharon Devine, Wedding Sales Manager at The Brehon said: “We have created this tour to help couples get a sense of how their Brehon wedding will unfold. Instead of sending you a brochure or asking you to view an image online we can now put you in the picture. It will be particularly useful for couples planning their wedding from abroad.”
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Destination of the Day: Broome and Kimberley - January 16, 2019
- Destination of the day Iceland - January 16, 2019
- Celebrity Cruises to hire new Ireland sales manager as Mandy Burrie promoted - January 15, 2019
- Mainland Europe drives growth to Dublin Airport’s 31.5m passenger record (and why it was really 30.4m) - January 15, 2019
- Ryanair abruptly closes package holiday operation ‘for commercial reasons.’ - January 15, 2019