- 37 hotel properties sold in 2016
- €238m in sales so far
- Spencer, Morgan and Beacon hotels in Dublin to be bought by John Malone for €150m
- Riu in process of buying Gresham
- DekaBank bought former Burlington Hotel
CBRE reports that hotel sales hit €238m so far in 2016 with 37 hotel properties sold.
The former Burlington Hotel was sold by Blackstone Group fpr €180m to Germany’s DekaBank. It is to be managed by the Dalata group.
Luis and Carmen Riu bought the Gresham for €92m last month. Xavier McAuliffe’s Lyrath Hotel in Co Kilkenny was sold earlier in the year for €20m.
Lisa Keogh, of CBRE Ireland’s hotel division, said the total spend on Irish hotels will match the record €710m in 2015, including the €150m sale of the Spencer, Morgan and Beacon hotels in Dublin to an investment group including John Malone, Paul Higgins and John Lally to be completed in Q3. u
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Ryanair up 8pc in August, set to become Europe’s first 150m pa airline - September 3, 2019
- EL AL to fly Dublin to Tel Aviv 3w year round from May 26 - August 28, 2019
- Ryanair growth rate back to 9pc after year of falters with record 14.8m passengers in July - August 6, 2019
- Superbreak and Laterooms ceases trading - August 1, 2019
- Ryanair turns on Boeing as quarterly profits dip by a quarter - July 29, 2019