- Joanna Gomez, Georgina Kelly & Leslie Marshall shortlist for agent of the year
- Audrey Headon , Rebecca Kelly, Thomas McNally, Lee Osborne & Martin Penrose shortlisted for supplier for ht year
The Irish Travel Agents Association has announced its shortlist for the Irish Travel Industry Awards in association with Aer Lingus. The winners will be announced at a ceremony in the Round Room of the Mansion House, Dublin on Thursday, January 25. Over 500 travel professionals will attend and the MC will be broadcaster Miriam O’Callaghan.
The Irish Travel Industry Awards, now in their eight year, are an initiative of the ITAA, in association with Aer Lingus, and supported by Travelsavers, Travelcentres and Worldchoice.
The annual event is designed to showcase excellence within the industry and the difficult job of judging the Member Award Winners falls to an independent panel of judges, chaired by Bill Smith.
He added: “We are also thrilled to welcome Aer Lingus as this year’s title sponsor and are looking forward to working with them on what will be the biggest and best Travel Industry Awards night yet.”
The event is organised on behalf of the ITAA by Business Exhibitions Limited. Award categories are sponsored by Amadeus, American Airlines, British Airways, Cork Airport, Dublin Airport, Hertz, Ireland West Airport Knock, PortAventura, Riveria Travel and Turkish Airlines. The event is also sponsored by Emirates, Independent News & Media, Shannon Airport and The Travel Corporation.
- ITAA Leisure Travel Professional, sponsored by Portaventura: Joanna Gomez of Travel Focus, Georgina Kelly of The Travel Broker, Leslie Marshall of Tour America
- ITAA Corporate Travel Professional, sponsored by Portaventura Cara Barry of FCM, Louise Dunne & Karen Ray (Job Share) of the Travel Broker and Ashling Mee of FCM.
- ITAA Member Bricks & Mortar Marketing Campaign, sponsored by Portaventura: Cassidy Travel, Shandon Travel, Tour America
- ITAA Member Digital Marketing Campaign, sponsored by Portaventura: Cassidy Travel, Click & Go, Manning Travel
- ITAA Marketing Campaign, sponsored by Portaventura, Click & Go, Grenham Travel, Tour America
- ITAA Corporate Travel Agency, sponsored by Amadeus: CTM, Fcm, HRG
- ITAA Travel Agency of the Year, Under 10 Employees, sponsored by Amadeus: Grogan Travel, Manning Travel, The Travel Broker
- ITAA Travel Agency of the Year, Over 10 Employees, sponsored by Amadeus: Click & Co, Club Travel, Tour America
- sponsored by Dublin Airport
- Airline To Europe: Aer Lingus, British Airways, KLM, Ryanair, Turkish
- Business Class Airline to Europe: Air France, British Airways, KLM, SAS, Turkish.
- Airline to N America: Aer Lingus, British Airways, Delta, United, Virgin.
- Long Haul Airline: Aer Lingus, Emirates, Etihad, Turkish, Virgin.
- sponsored by Hertz
- European Sun Tour Operator: Classic Collection, Click&Go, Sunway, Topflight, TUI
- Escorted Tour Operator: G Adventures, Insight Vacations, Riviera Travel, Sunway, Wendy Wu
- Specialist Tour Operator: Classic Resorts, Crystal Holidays, Discover Travel, G Adventures, Travel Focus
- Long Haul Tour Operator: Classic Resorts, If Only, §§Intrepid Travel, Sunway, Travel Focus
Cruise & Ferry
- sponsored by Turkish Airlines
- Cruise: Fred.Olsen, MSC, Norwegian, Princess, Royal Caribbean
- Premium Cruise: Celebrity, Cunard, Holland America, Oceania, Silversea
- Specialist Cruise (Including River): Ama Waterways, Croisieurope, Riviera Travel, Uniworld, Viking
- Ultra Luxury Cruise Azamara, Crystal, Regent Seven Seas,
- Seabourn and Silversea
- Ferry Company: Brittany Ferries, Irish Ferries, Stena Line
- sponsored by Riviera Travel
- Technology Provider: Amadeus, Dolphin Dynamics, Proactive Labs, Travelport, Zendesk
- Car Hire Company: Affordable Car Hire, Avis, Flexible Car Hire, Hertz, Your Car Hire
- Travel Insurance Provider: Accident & General, AIG, Axa, Blue Insurance, Worldwide Insurance
- Tourist Board: Dubai, Las Vegas, New York, Portugal, Spain.
- Accommodation Only Provider: Arrow Tours, Bedsonline, Bookabed, Innstant Travel, Travelcube
Supplier & media
- sponsored by Ireland West Airport
- Supplier Support Team: Aer Lingus, Bookabed, Emirates, MSC, Sunway
- Supplier Representative: Audrey Headon of Headon Representation, Rebecca Kelly of MSC, Thomas McNally of Bedsonline, Lee Osborne of Bookabed, Martin Penrose of If Only
- Travel Media Award: Irish Travel Trade News, Travelbiz, Travel Extra, Travel Media
- Sponsored by British Airways & American Airlines
- Worldwide City Destination: Dubai, Hong Kong, Las Vegas, New York, San Francisco
- European City Destination: Amsterdam, Barcelona, Krakow, Lisbon, Rome
- Summer Destination: Italy, Greece, Lanzarote, Portugal, Spain
- Winter Destination: Dubai,, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, Las Vegas, Portugal
- Worldwide Theme Park: Disneyland Paris, Portaventura, Tayto Park, Universal Orlando Resort, Walt Disney World Resort
Latest posts by TravelExtra (see all)
- Should Ireland join Schengen? These are the 38 points in the ITIC plan for Irish tourism. - September 19, 2023
- ‘Irish tourism is not expected to recover to pre pandemic levels until 2026, behind other sectors’ - September 19, 2023
- Club Travel profits ahead, sales behind 2019 - September 17, 2023
- Man arrested after stabbing incident outside Terminal 1 in Dublin Airport - September 17, 2023
- ‘Pre-pandemic the split was 44/56 in favour of the visitors, now it is 67/33 in favour of home holidays.’ - September 17, 2023