The Manor House Hotels and Irish Country Hotels brands report revenue growth of 29pc for last year and strong booking for this year at their AGM held in The Sneem Hotel and
Parknasilla Resort and Spa in Kerry.
The groups reported growth of 21pc in visitor numbers across their two hotel brands. Siobhan McManamy, Director of Markets, Tourism Ireland, spoke at the event about building on tourism growth and the impact of Brexit on the industry over the coming months. Josephine O’Driscoll, Failte Ireland, spoke at the event about the opportunities for the hotels to actively get involved in the promotion of the Wild Atlantic Way, Ireland’s Ancient East, Dublin Breath of Fresh Air.
Hotel owners and management from the 55-strong organisations attended the AGM. The company was founded by Fáilte Ireland so that family run hotels could come together under one umbrella for international marketing.
Irish Tourist Industry Confederation Chairman Paul Gallagher picked up the Hotel of the Year Award for Buswells in Dublin, while Meghan and Margaret O’Sullivan, The Castle Hotel, Macroom, Coy Cork, won the ‘Best Service Excellence Award’.
Latest posts by TravelExtra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra Remains Open for Business - April 26, 2020
- Irish Travel Agents Association announce upcoming events for Autumn 2020 - April 21, 2020
- Updated return to cruise dates - April 17, 2020
- Future of Aviation - April 15, 2020
- Travel Extra May 2020: Surviving the crisis - April 8, 2020