- Festival August 27 anticipates cycling fan invasion
- 160km ‘wrong way round’ route among the highlights
The Killarney Cycling Festival on Saturday August 27th offers two routes for cycling enthusiasts.
Two routes will be available- the Wrong Way Round and the Hard Way Round, so there’s no winning. The Wrong Way Round is 160km, from The Gleneagle Hotel through Molls Gap, Sneem, Waterville, Cahersiveen, Glenbeigh, and Killorglin. The Hard Way Round is 180, and diverts from the Wrong Way Round by going through the heart of Kerry to Ballaghoisin, and around the Skellig Ring.
The Donal Walsh LiveLife Foundation is the official charity of the festival, and cyclists have the option of donating directly to the charity when registering. Registration costs 55e including food stops, and post-cycle barbecue party at the Gleneagle Hotel. Registration is at www.killarneycyclingestival.com, or email email@example.com
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: A good time to be a sniffer dog - July 23, 2017
- An early arrival so Aer Lingus’ Ivan delivers his baby daughter - July 21, 2017
- Aer Lingus relives the glamour days of aviation as 1940s DC-3 lands in Dublin - July 20, 2017
- Ireland’s Air Corps will colour the skies above the Liffey at 11am today - July 20, 2017
- Ireland looks out of this world in trailer for the new Star Wars movie due out this year - July 17, 2017