- Festival August 27 anticipates cycling fan invasion
- 160km ‘wrong way round’ route among the highlights
The Killarney Cycling Festival on Saturday August 27th offers two routes for cycling enthusiasts.
Two routes will be available- the Wrong Way Round and the Hard Way Round, so there’s no winning. The Wrong Way Round is 160km, from The Gleneagle Hotel through Molls Gap, Sneem, Waterville, Cahersiveen, Glenbeigh, and Killorglin. The Hard Way Round is 180, and diverts from the Wrong Way Round by going through the heart of Kerry to Ballaghoisin, and around the Skellig Ring.
The Donal Walsh LiveLife Foundation is the official charity of the festival, and cyclists have the option of donating directly to the charity when registering. Registration costs 55e including food stops, and post-cycle barbecue party at the Gleneagle Hotel. Registration is at www.killarneycyclingestival.com, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra Sunday Supplement: Dublin aims for 6m transfer passengers as it sends 223 flights west each week - August 19, 2018
- Clickandgo gives you a run for your money as it’s named official Irish partner of Lanzarote Marathon - August 16, 2018
- Virtuoso awards hotel of the year to Adare Manor - August 16, 2018
- 18m passengers use Dublin Airport in first half of year as July breaks records - August 15, 2018
- Ed Sheeran and Dermot O’Leary to promote tourism to Ireland this autumn - August 14, 2018