- New evening arrival and morning departure adds 45pc capacity.
- LH2520 will depart Munich at 21:30 and LH2521 will depart Dublin at 06:15.
- Route increasing from 13 to 19 flights a week
- Third service starts with Summer schedule on March 31
Lufthansa is adding add a third daily service on its Dublin to Munich route next summer.
Lufthansa’s service between Dublin and Munich will increase from 13 to 19 flights per week in the summer schedule, starting March 31, 2019.
The German carrier has more than doubled services from Dublin to its hubs in Frankfurt and Munich in the last four years adding 26 additional frequencies to reach a total of 47 flights per week.
The new flight will operate five days a week, with the inbound service operating Monday-Friday and the outbound service operating Tuesday-Saturday. The route will be served by the Airbus A320 aircraft family. LH2520 will depart Munich at 21:30 and LH2521 will depart Dublin at 06:15.
Andreas Koester, Senior Director Sales for Britain, Ireland & Iceland, Lufthansa Group, said: “Dublin is a key destination within the Lufthansa network and is of growing importance. We have increased frequency on both our Munich and Frankfurt services in 2018 due to continued growth in demand.
“This additional service further increases flexibility for business and leisure passengers, with early morning departures and late evening arrivals allowing for one-day business trips, as well as greater access to connecting flights to global destinations. We are committed to supporting the Irish business community and are pleased to support tourism in Ireland, with German tourists the third largest cohort after Brits and Americans. We are also proud that our passengers continue to enjoy our high-quality product and on-board service.”
Dublin Airport Managing Director Vincent Harrison said: “Lufthansa is one of our longest-serving customers… This increase in services will provide further flexibility and choice for both business and leisure customers.”
Tickets are available at lufthansa.com with fare options including Economy Light (hand baggage only), Classic and Flex, as well as Business Saver and Flex. All fares include Lufthansa’s high-quality product that provides all passengers with complementary in-flight food & drink, the ability to check-in online, from their mobile phone or at the airport.
The Lufthansa Group is the biggest foreign carrier group at Dublin Airport and has over 70 weekly departures to Cologne, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Geneva, Munich and Zurich. Lufthansa has been operating at Dublin Airport since 1972.
Lufthansa Group serves Ireland with its brands Lufthansa, Swiss and Eurowings. Lufthansa also runs a weekly seasonal service from Shannon to Frankfurt and Swiss run seasonal services from Cork to Zurich.
From next Summer Swiss will increase its services between Dublin and Zurich from 10 to 13 departures per week.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Visitors from Britain in March down 5.49p on pre Brexit levels - April 25, 2019
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: Norwegian drop Cork and Shannon trans-Atlantic amid B737 Max meltdown - April 21, 2019
- Limerick positions itself as a gateway to Wild Atlantic Way as it pushes for 1.1m visitors - April 16, 2019
- Celtic Tigers: Irish team wins inaugural Stena Line Masters tournament - April 16, 2019
- Doolin named a ‘destination of excellence’ under Fáilte Ireland accreditation system - April 15, 2019