- Europe up 7pc to 16.3m
- Britain up 1pc to 10.1m.
- Transatlantic is up 16pc to 4m.
- Asia, the Middle East and Africa is up 17pc to 1m.
- N Atlantic transfer passenger numbers are up 18pc to 1.8m.
Dublin Airport reported 31,495,506 passengers in 2018, up 6pc. Originating and arriving passengers reached 29.4m and another 2.1m were transfer passengers (who were double counted, 1.05m bodies). Short-haul numbers are up 5pc to 26.5m, long-haul numbers are up 15pc to 5m..
There were 16 new routes at Dublin Airport last year – including new services to Beijing, Hong Kong, Montreal, and Seattle – and capacity increases on 22 existing services, as airlines added flights and deployed larger aircraft on some of their Dublin routes.
This year, Dublin Airport will welcome 19 new routes. New long-haul destinations include Calgary, Dallas-Fort Worth, Minneapolis-St Paul, and Hamilton, Ontario. The short-haul network is also expanding, with scheduled flights to new destinations such as the Sardinian capital Cagliari, Kyiv, and Gothenburg.
Daa’s poroposed capital investment programme involves a €900 million capital investment programme to deliver new boarding gate areas, aircraft parking stands and many other significant improvements. The plan includes €200 million in airfield works and annual investment of €120 on repair and maintenance and revenue generating projects.
Dublin Airport claims it supports or facilitates 117,300 jobs and contributes €8.3bn to the national economy.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Limerick positions itself as a gateway to Wild Atlantic Way as it pushes for 1.1m visitors - April 16, 2019
- Celtic Tigers: Irish team wins inaugural Stena Line Masters tournament - April 16, 2019
- Doolin named a ‘destination of excellence’ under Fáilte Ireland accreditation system - April 15, 2019
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: Trump triggers more turbulence for Ryanair and other Boeing customers - April 14, 2019
- Shannon Heritage to further develop historic Newbridge House as tourist attraction - April 13, 2019