- Worked alongside Neil Pakey
- Joins from Canadian Vantage Group
Matthew Thomas joined the Shannon Group as CEO of Shannon Airport from Canada’s Vantage Airport Group, where he was chief commercial officer.
Matthew Thomas, who has worked with the Vantage Airport Group since 2008, has been involved in the majority of its 30 airport projects across four continents.
From 2010-2014, Matthew was based in England as the CCO of Peel Airports – comprising Liverpool John Lennon Airport, Doncaster Robin Hood Airport and Durham Tees Valley Airport – and subsequently as CEO following its acquisition by Vantage. There he worked alongside Shannon’s last CEO Neil Pakey.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Ryanair growth rate back to 9pc after year of falters with record 14.8m passengers in July - August 6, 2019
- Superbreak and Laterooms ceases trading - August 1, 2019
- Ryanair turns on Boeing as quarterly profits dip by a quarter - July 29, 2019
- The fight against Flight Shame: Europe’s airlines campaign for Single European Sky has become an environmental issue - July 10, 2019
- Ryanair monthly figures close in on 15m, rolling annual now 146.5m - July 2, 2019