- Worked alongside Neil Pakey
- Joins from Canadian Vantage Group
Matthew Thomas joined the Shannon Group as CEO of Shannon Airport from Canada’s Vantage Airport Group, where he was chief commercial officer.
Matthew Thomas, who has worked with the Vantage Airport Group since 2008, has been involved in the majority of its 30 airport projects across four continents.
From 2010-2014, Matthew was based in England as the CCO of Peel Airports – comprising Liverpool John Lennon Airport, Doncaster Robin Hood Airport and Durham Tees Valley Airport – and subsequently as CEO following its acquisition by Vantage. There he worked alongside Shannon’s last CEO Neil Pakey.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Brittany Ferries deploys extra MV Connemara rotations for Cork-Roscoff Pont Aven bookings - May 29, 2019
- Ryanair April figures up 10pc to record 13.5, rolling annual now 142.3m - May 2, 2019
- Visitors from Britain in March down 5.49p on pre Brexit levels - April 25, 2019
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: Norwegian drop Cork and Shannon trans-Atlantic amid B737 Max meltdown - April 21, 2019
- Limerick positions itself as a gateway to Wild Atlantic Way as it pushes for 1.1m visitors - April 16, 2019