- Abu Dhabi promoting image as family destination
- Airport Mid Terminal to open July 2017
Irish visits are up 41pc to Abu Dhabi, Pete Mather of Abu Dhabi tourism told Irish travel media at an event this week. He said it is increasingly being seen as a stand alone destination.
The season is year round with special children events and festivals organised for the school holiday months of July and August. The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque was the rated the second most popular landmark for 2016 by Tripadvisor ahead of the Taj Mahal and Ankor Wat. Beatrice Cosgrove attended on behalf of Etihad, which is counting down to the new Abu Dhabi Midfield Terminal opening on July 7 2017 which will bring airport capacity up to 60m. She described a family holiday she had taken in Abu Dhabi with her children. See more pictures here or connect with the album on Facebook.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Tourism Ireland CEO Niall Gibbons origin of icons going green for St Patrick’s Day - February 20, 2020
- WATCH: Update on Tourism Ireland from CEO Niall Gibbons - February 20, 2020
- WATCH: tourism minister Brendan Griffin - February 20, 2020
- WATCH Visit Derry roadshow @Fitzwilliam Hotel - February 20, 2020
- WATCH Amadeus host the trade@Peploe’s - February 20, 2020