- 137-bedroom Maldron Kevin St opens
- €26m investment
- took 17 months to complete.
Ireland’s largest hotel operator officially opened its latest hotel as Dublin starts to see more much-needed rooms coming on street.
Maldron Hotel Kevin Street, (website) owned and operated by Dalata Hotel Group, opened its doors following a €26m investment which took approximately 17 months to complete.
The 137-bedroom hotel was officially opened by Minister for Housing, Planning and Local Government, Eoghan Murphy, and John Hennessy, Chairman of Dalata Hotel Group PLC.
Pat McCann, CEO of Dalata Hotel Group said, “As the Irish economy continues to grow, and with domestic and inbound tourism numbers expected to increase, our pipeline of rooms in both Dublin, and regional Ireland, means that we are well placed to cater for that growth.
“The opening of this hotel has resulted in the creation of over 70 jobs with an investment of €26m in the local area.”
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Club Travel to take over Atlas Travel - December 3, 2019
- Ryanair passengers up 6pc to record 11m in November - December 3, 2019
- WATCH: Highlights from 2019 ITAA Conference in Cordoba - October 19, 2019
- Newcomer Aimsir in Kildare wins two Michelin Stars - October 7, 2019
- Ryanair annual passenger numbers pass 150m for first time - October 2, 2019