- 137-bedroom Maldron Kevin St opens
- €26m investment
- took 17 months to complete.
Ireland’s largest hotel operator officially opened its latest hotel as Dublin starts to see more much-needed rooms coming on street.
Maldron Hotel Kevin Street, (website) owned and operated by Dalata Hotel Group, opened its doors following a €26m investment which took approximately 17 months to complete.
The 137-bedroom hotel was officially opened by Minister for Housing, Planning and Local Government, Eoghan Murphy, and John Hennessy, Chairman of Dalata Hotel Group PLC.
Pat McCann, CEO of Dalata Hotel Group said, “As the Irish economy continues to grow, and with domestic and inbound tourism numbers expected to increase, our pipeline of rooms in both Dublin, and regional Ireland, means that we are well placed to cater for that growth.
“The opening of this hotel has resulted in the creation of over 70 jobs with an investment of €26m in the local area.”
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Brittany Ferries deploys extra MV Connemara rotations for Cork-Roscoff Pont Aven bookings - May 29, 2019
- Ryanair April figures up 10pc to record 13.5, rolling annual now 142.3m - May 2, 2019
- Visitors from Britain in March down 5.49p on pre Brexit levels - April 25, 2019
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: Norwegian drop Cork and Shannon trans-Atlantic amid B737 Max meltdown - April 21, 2019
- Limerick positions itself as a gateway to Wild Atlantic Way as it pushes for 1.1m visitors - April 16, 2019