- Munich Airport takes in over 1m passengers in one week.
- Okotberfest visitors contributing to the success.
An influx of tourists for Oktoberfest has seen Munich Airport break the weekly 1m-passenger barrier.
September is always busy for the city and airport due to the internationally renowned beer festival but last week’s total of 1,008,000 was a new record in terms of travel for the capital of Bavaria.
There were 8,600 flights in and out of the city that week, which is also an increase on 2014 by 6%.
Of the seven-day period, September 23 was the peak of traffic, with 156,000 visitors passing through the airport.
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Maria Sinnott (see all)
- Aer Lingus moves Shannon-Heathrow flight time to aid businesses - January 10, 2017
- Belinda Vazquez to replace Chris Logan as head of Falcon, Thomson and Crystal in Ireland - January 10, 2017
- Dublin slips to 4th fastest growing large airport in ACI European airport league - January 10, 2017
- Ireland 9th overall & 3rd in Europe in Rough Guide readers 2017 destination list - January 10, 2017
- Aer Lingus owner IAG group carries 100.6m passengers in 2016, Air France KLM carry 93.44m - January 9, 2017