- Contract signed with Dnata. in Dubai
- signed a large tour operator in Turkey, Etstur, 4 years ago
- in advanced discussions with three other Disneyland Paris distributors
Neenan Travel have signed contracts with three of Disney’s international distributors and are in advanced discussions with several others to sell Disney-specific software already in use by 120 Irish travel agents.
According to Alan Neenan of Neenan Travel,
- We signed a large tour operator in Turkey, Etstur, 4 years ago
- In January we signed contracts with Dnata. They’re owned by Emirates Holidays, based in Dubai but distributing Disneyland Paris into several countries in the region
- In February we signed Al Tayer based in Abu Dhabi and distributing into other Gulf State countries
- We are finalising contracts with two other distributers and expect to have them on board in the next week or so
- We are in advanced discussions with three other Disneyland Paris distributors in Europe, and in early stage negotiations with several others
We developed a bespoke piece of software to manage our distribution of Disneyland Paris in the Irish market. Our main focus was to address the needs of our trade partners, we wanted to provide our agents with a portal where they could get quotes and make reservations for Disneyland Paris. We also wanted to provide options for agents to sell on to their customers with online solutions including a full booking flow or an API feed. And of course we use the software to sell to customers on our own website.
After the initial development we showed the product to Disney and they told us that there was no other similar software available in other markets and that they were continually being asked by their distributors to provide a solution. So we decided to enhance the software in order to make it available to Disney Distributors in other markets.
We approached Enterprise Ireland who supported the new development. We now use the software to distribute into the Irish market and over 120 travel agents use the portal. We also provide an API solution to Click & Go.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Atlantic Travel and Tour America win travel agency of the year awards - January 23, 2020
- EgyptAir announce Dublin-Cairo 4w year-round with A320 from June 5 - January 13, 2020
- Aer Lingus passenger numbers up 2.4pc to 11.6m in 2019 - January 10, 2020
- Irish travel industry honours 132 suppliers in shortlist for 2020 awards - January 10, 2020
- Willie Walsh will retire as CEO of IAG on June 30 - January 9, 2020