- Contract signed with Dnata. in Dubai
- signed a large tour operator in Turkey, Etstur, 4 years ago
- in advanced discussions with three other Disneyland Paris distributors
Neenan Travel have signed contracts with three of Disney’s international distributors and are in advanced discussions with several others to sell Disney-specific software already in use by 120 Irish travel agents.
According to Alan Neenan of Neenan Travel,
- We signed a large tour operator in Turkey, Etstur, 4 years ago
- In January we signed contracts with Dnata. They’re owned by Emirates Holidays, based in Dubai but distributing Disneyland Paris into several countries in the region
- In February we signed Al Tayer based in Abu Dhabi and distributing into other Gulf State countries
- We are finalising contracts with two other distributers and expect to have them on board in the next week or so
- We are in advanced discussions with three other Disneyland Paris distributors in Europe, and in early stage negotiations with several others
We developed a bespoke piece of software to manage our distribution of Disneyland Paris in the Irish market. Our main focus was to address the needs of our trade partners, we wanted to provide our agents with a portal where they could get quotes and make reservations for Disneyland Paris. We also wanted to provide options for agents to sell on to their customers with online solutions including a full booking flow or an API feed. And of course we use the software to sell to customers on our own website.
After the initial development we showed the product to Disney and they told us that there was no other similar software available in other markets and that they were continually being asked by their distributors to provide a solution. So we decided to enhance the software in order to make it available to Disney Distributors in other markets.
We approached Enterprise Ireland who supported the new development. We now use the software to distribute into the Irish market and over 120 travel agents use the portal. We also provide an API solution to Click & Go.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Ryanair up 8pc in August, set to become Europe’s first 150m pa airline - September 3, 2019
- EL AL to fly Dublin to Tel Aviv 3w year round from May 26 - August 28, 2019
- Ryanair growth rate back to 9pc after year of falters with record 14.8m passengers in July - August 6, 2019
- Superbreak and Laterooms ceases trading - August 1, 2019
- Ryanair turns on Boeing as quarterly profits dip by a quarter - July 29, 2019