- New for 2019:
- Ballyfin Demense
- Bishop’s Gate Hotel
- Cahernane House
- Butler House
- Dunown House
- Hideaway at Dromquina Manor
Ireland’s Blue Book, a collection of country house hotels, manor houses, castles and restaurants located throughout the island of Ireland, has added six properties at the launch of its 45th Anniversary Edition.
Ballyfin Demesne Co. Laois, Bishop’s Gate Hotel Derry, Cahernane House, Killarney, Co Kerry and Butler House, Kilkenny City were revealed as new members. Two private rental properties were also unveiled, Dunowen House in West Cork, the former home of Noel Redding, who was a bassist with the Jimi Hendrix Experience, and The Hideaway at Dromquinna Manor, Co Kerry bringing to 56 the total of properties in the collection.
Ireland’s Blue Book Chairperson, Simon O’Hara said of the newcomers: “Not only do they provide wonderful locally sourced food and luxurious accommodation, but their charm, history and individuality make them a highlight of any Irish journey or occasion.”
The announcement of the new additions was made at reception in The Merrion Hotel in Dublin to celebrate 45 years since the collection was founded in 1974.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Limerick positions itself as a gateway to Wild Atlantic Way as it pushes for 1.1m visitors - April 16, 2019
- Celtic Tigers: Irish team wins inaugural Stena Line Masters tournament - April 16, 2019
- Doolin named a ‘destination of excellence’ under Fáilte Ireland accreditation system - April 15, 2019
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: Trump triggers more turbulence for Ryanair and other Boeing customers - April 14, 2019
- Shannon Heritage to further develop historic Newbridge House as tourist attraction - April 13, 2019