- What’s new for summer 2018 with Falcon/Thomson:
- New TUI Sensatori Resort Rhodes, Aegean Dream by Atlantica
- TUI SuneoClub Serenity Bay Bulgaria
- TUI Explorer sets sail for Thomson Cruises, based out of Palma
With close to 1.8m Irish holidaymakers choosing to visit Spain in 2016 alone, demand is already high for next year’s summer season as families aim to secure the most popular dates, destinations and hotels.
Falcon and Thomson launched next year’s brochure – which will be the last before the rebrand to the flag of parent group TUI – at a lunch hosted by Marketing Manager Charlotte Brenner which also marked Belinda Vazquez’s debut in her new role as Head of Ireland for TUI.
Mum-of-two Vazquez, who has had a varied career at the travel giant at higher management level, including aviation management, described her new position heading up Ireland “as a dream role”. Watch her here at the brochure launch.
Majorca and the Costa Dorada remain the most popular choices, but the Greek islands are also in demand, they revealed. All 15 destinations in the brochure are available from Dublin, with Majorca, Costa Dorada, Costa del Sol, Algarve and Lanzarote on offer from Cork; Costa Dorada, Majorca and Lanzarote from Shannon; and Costa Dorada from Ireland West Airport.
Seven new exclusive Falcon and Thomson are available, including: new SuneoClub in Bulgaria; Family Life in Ibiza; A La Carte in Majorca, Sensatori in Rhodes; Sensimar in Zakhyntos; and two new Platinum additions in Majorca. Thomson Cruise’s largest ship, TUI Explorer, makes its debut too, with destinations around Spain, Portugal, Italy and France out of Palma.
Charlotte Brenner told Travel Extra that customers are getting choosier about hotel choices, booking ahead to secure seaview or other preferences, and with deposits from €75 to guarantee selections.
Also new next year is an extra rotation to Mexico on the Thomson Airways 787 Dreamliner.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Turkish delight for Dublin Airport as Ryanair launches Dalaman service - June 25, 2018
- TRAVEL Extra Sunday Supplement: Norwegian targets Toronto as it expands Irish Atlantic operation, June 24 - June 24, 2018
- ITAA joins Ryanair and IAG in condemning latest round of air traffic strikes - June 22, 2018
- Niall Burgess: Irish passport renewals for children to be online before end of the year - June 21, 2018
- Norwegian to fly Dublin Airport to Toronto Hamilton daily from next March - June 21, 2018