The #StayandWin campaign has been created to attract visitors to Clare, Limerick and Galway, writes Shauna McCrudden
Shannon Group and Ennis, Limerick, Shannon and Galway Chambers of Commerce have teamed up on an exciting initiative designed to stimulate hotel bookings and highlight the range of air services available from Shannon Airport.
A new innovative #StayAndWin campaign will see visitors who stay at a Chamber of Commerce member hotel in Clare, Limerick or Galway get a pleasant surprise during October. They will be eligible to enter a free competition to win one of four flights for two people to a choice of any of the 18 Shannon Airport destinations this winter. This includes services to six new destinations. Free airport parking is also included in the prize.
Competition winners will win a flight for two to a choice of one of the following Shannon Airport Winter destinations in Spain, Italy, Hungary, the UK, and Scotland, among these are:
- Six new winter routes to London Luton, Budapest, Fuerteventura, Edinburgh, Turin and Birmingham.
- Existing services to Tenerife, Lanzarote, Malaga, Alicante, Gran Canaria (Las Palmas), London Stansted, London Gatwick, Manchester, Krakow, Wroclaw, Warsaw and Kaunas.
Running from 4th October to 1st November, four winners will be selected, one from each Chamber district, Limerick, Shannon, Ennis and Galway.
The idea behind the promotion is to support local hoteliers in the shoulder season and raise awareness of the exciting range of air services available from Shannon Airport. Hoteliers will benefit as it gives them an incentive to gain extra business and reward loyal customers. Shannon Airport routes benefit from the promotional campaign run by hotels, Chamber members and the airport.
Speaking at the launch, Mary Considine, CEO, Shannon Group, said, “We are delighted to be working with our Chamber partners and hotels to stimulate footfall in the region’s accommodation sector and raise awareness of the destinations available from Shannon Airport. We hope this is the first of many such collaborations.”
The respective CEOs of Limerick, Shannon, Ennis and Galway Chambers have welcomed this shoulder season promotion, which further supports staycations in the region. They see it as further proof of the positive working relationship now firmly established between the Chambers in the region and Shannon Airport.
The campaign will use and promote the hashtag #StayAndWin and will drive the promotion via social media platforms. The winners will be announced on the Chambers and Shannon Airport websites on 2nd November.
Latest posts by Shauna McCrudden (see all)
- New airport passenger security screening system unveiled today at Shannon Airport - October 18, 2021
- The official opening of ITAA Conference 2021 - October 15, 2021
- Paul McGinley fronts new TV show highlighting Ireland’s world-class golf - October 11, 2021
- New initiative launched to stimulate hotel bookings and promote air services at Shannon Airport - October 4, 2021
- Tourism Minister Catherine Martin promotes Ireland in the United States - September 24, 2021