Clarion Hotels’ Garret Marrinan is to take the reins at Dublin’s Gibson Hotel, a partner to the Dublin Senior football team and the setting of RTE reality show First Dates Ireland. The appointment was announced by Ireland’s largest hotel operator, Dalata Hotel Group, Ireland’s largest hotel operator.
Dublin born of a Kilkee father, Marrinan takes over General Manager at the four-star Docklands hotel following its recent acquisition by Dalata. Marrinan has more than 25 years’ experience in the hospitality industry in the US, Britain and Ireland.
He most recently held senior management roles within the Choice Hotel Group including the role of General Manager at the Clarion Hotel Cork and Clarion Hotel Liffey Valley Dublin.
He said: “I am delighted to have taken on this exciting role with the gibson hotel. The gibson is a very unique hotel in Dublin we pride ourselves on being not your everyday average hotel, I look forward to building on this uniqueness and further success as part of the Dalata Hotel Group.”
Meanwhile, Nick Mullen, Director of Global Golf and Consulting at International Sports Management (ISM) has been appointed to the Mount Juliet Estate Board as a non-executive Director. Nick Mullen joined ISM in 2013 having previously overseen the development of the Golf Talent Division at Blake Sports Group, a New Jersey-based athlete representation firm.
Born in Kilcullen, Co Kildare, Mullen attended Clongowes Wood College and is a graduate of Griffith College. He is also a member of the board of directors of Lemongrass Restaurants and advisor to Great Oaks Venture Capital, a New York-based VC fund.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Ryanair April figures up 10pc to record 13.5, rolling annual now 142.3m - May 2, 2019
- Visitors from Britain in March down 5.49p on pre Brexit levels - April 25, 2019
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: Norwegian drop Cork and Shannon trans-Atlantic amid B737 Max meltdown - April 21, 2019
- Limerick positions itself as a gateway to Wild Atlantic Way as it pushes for 1.1m visitors - April 16, 2019
- Celtic Tigers: Irish team wins inaugural Stena Line Masters tournament - April 16, 2019