According to the latest IHF Hotel Barometer, nine out of ten hotels and guesthouses reported increased business this year and 60pc have hired new staff in 2015. 92pc of hoteliers plan to refurbish their properties and invest in product development in 2016. The IHF reported increased demand for three-day Christmas packages.
London is the most searched New Year’s Eve destination for Irish users on Trivago.ie. Dublin came in second, followed by New York City. The top 15: 1 London, 2 Dublin, 3 New York City, 4 Amsterdam, 5 Paris, 6 Galway, 7 Edinburgh, 8 Prague, 9 Killarney, 10 Tenerife, 11 Berlin, 12 Lanzarote, 13 Liverpool, 14 Manchester, 15 Brussels.
- Travelodge completed a £100m three-year modernisation programme that brought room improvements at over 500 hotels, including the addition of king size Dreamer beds
- Hyatt is the latest hotel group to be hacked with half of its hotels affected in data breach discovered in November.
- The Portlaoise Heritage Hotel and Leisure Club joined the Great National Hotels and Resorts Group.
- Connemara Sands Hotel in Clifden was awarded a 4-star rating by Fáilte Ireland.
- Accor Hotels rolled out an emoji search feature.
- Hilton started to trial a stricter cancelation policy at 24 hotels with a $50 cancellation fee any time after the booking is made.
- Hyatt Hotels reported a suspected malware attack on its payment system.