- 4 air traffic control unions unite for strike
- 30pc of flights cancelled
- Ryanair lose 6 Dublin flights, Ryanair 3
A general strike affected 30pc of flights in French air space when it was joined by air traffic control unions CGT, FO, CFDT and Unsa.
The civil aviation authority DGAC recommended that airlines reduce capacity by 30pc at Paris-CDG, Paris-Orly, Beauvais, Lyon, Nice, Marseilles,Toulouse, Bordeaux and Nantes.
- Ryanair flight cancellations include FR6875 Dublin to Bacrelona, FR7256 Dublin to Madrid, FR7318 Dublin to Almeria, FR6395 Dublin to El Prat, FR1958 Dublin to Nica, FR7094 Dublin to Murcia,
- Aer Lingus flight cancellations EI 526 Dublin to Paris, EI 542 Dublin to Nice, EI 552 Dublin to Lyon.
French unions are protesting against the revision of the workers codes.
Ryanair cancelled a total of 222 cancelled flights.
Civil servants, teachers and nurses marched through cities across France, from Toulouse in the south to Strasbourg in the east, before the day’s biggest rally in Paris.
It is the first time in a decade that all unions representing 5.5m public workers have united for a protest.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: And the shortlist for the travel trade awards is - January 14, 2018
- Travel agent of the year shortlist revealed: Joanna Gomez, Georgina Kelly & Leslie Marshall - January 12, 2018
- Another big move at DAA as runway mastermind follows old boss Kevin Toland to food firm - January 12, 2018
- Airport veteran Brian Drain to head up human resources in latest DAA shake-up - January 11, 2018
- Everest Base Camp with Declan O’Connell of Lee Travel - January 11, 2018