Clare County Council secured a High Court injunction restraining the use of a portacabin office at Doolin Harbour for the sale of ferry tickets on the grounds that it had been erected without planning permission. Justice David Keane granted the order on Thursday and placed a one-week stay on the injunction coming into effect to allow sea and coastal ferry-owners Dick Grant and his company, Sarahfenn Limited, and Liam O’Brien and his company, Baid Farantoireachta an Chosta Teoranta, to secure another location.
Fáilte Ireland’s events team produced a promo teaser for the Irish Kennel Club for a bid to host the World Dog Show in Ireland in 2021. Watch here.
Figures from NISRA showed overseas visitors to the north up 8pc in the first quarter of 2016 and revenue up 10pc to €108m while Tourism Ireland predicts 2016 will be another record year for visitors to the north. Click here to see press release.
The Titanic Centre had a record number of visitors for a single day on August 9, with 4,200 visitors. This week it hosted its three millionth visitor this week since it opened in 2012. Kathy Jefferson from Telford, England is pictured with Belfast mayor Brian Kingston, Titanic Belfast chief executive Tim Husbands and Tourism Ireland’s Vanessa Markley.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: And the shortlist for the travel trade awards is - January 14, 2018
- Travel agent of the year shortlist revealed: Joanna Gomez, Georgina Kelly & Leslie Marshall - January 12, 2018
- Another big move at DAA as runway mastermind follows old boss Kevin Toland to food firm - January 12, 2018
- Airport veteran Brian Drain to head up human resources in latest DAA shake-up - January 11, 2018
- Everest Base Camp with Declan O’Connell of Lee Travel - January 11, 2018