Norwegian has confirmed Travel Extra’s recent story that its new transatlantic flights from Ireland to the US East Coast will enjoy US Preclearance facilities at Dublin and Shannon.
In July, Norwegian begins its services to the US, with 12 flights a week from Dublin, four from Shannon and three from Cork. The low-cost operator will be flying to Stewart International (for New York) and Providence (for Boston). Further details on the Preclearance facilities and how they work are available on the Norwegian website here.
Norwegian has also confirmed details of a new direct shuttle service from Stewart International Airport, which is 67 miles from Times Square, into Manhattan. The new service, operated by Coach USA, has been timed to meet Norwegian’s flight arrivals at Stewart Airport, allowing passengers to take a direct journey into central Manhattan for $20. Coaches include spacious reclining seats, WiFi and in-seat power. Drop-off in NYC is at Port Authority Bus terminal located on 42nd Street and 8th Ave. Passengers can book tickets in advance at www.stewartairportexpress.com.
Norwegian’s Chief Commercial Officer Thomas Ramdahl said: “Our new transatlantic routes offer Irish passengers more choice, lower fares and now even greater convenience, with use of preclearance facilities at Dublin and Shannon, and a convenient shuttle bus service to take passengers into the heart of New York city. The countdown is now on for these exciting new routes and we look forward to welcoming many Irish passengers on-board our affordable flights to the US this summer.”
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: A good time to be a sniffer dog - July 23, 2017
- An early arrival so Aer Lingus’ Ivan delivers his baby daughter - July 21, 2017
- Aer Lingus relives the glamour days of aviation as 1940s DC-3 lands in Dublin - July 20, 2017
- Ireland’s Air Corps will colour the skies above the Liffey at 11am today - July 20, 2017
- Ireland looks out of this world in trailer for the new Star Wars movie due out this year - July 17, 2017