- From Dublin (28 flights a week):
- Hamilton-Toronto – The daily service commences on March 31.
- Providence-Boston – Norwegian will increase flights to Providence, Rhode Island, to a daily service next summer, up from 5w.
- New York Stewart – Continues twice-daily following the introduction of a daily morning departure in April. The route allows for day trips to New York State.
- From Shannon:
- New York Stewart – Norwegian will increase its summer service from 3w to 5w “due to strong passenger demand”.
- Providence-Boston – Remains at 4w.
- From Cork:
- Providence-Boston – Seasonal service continues at 3w.
Norwegian has announced its summer 2019 schedule with 37pc more weekly departures to the US and Canada – 40 in all.
Thomas Ramdahl, Chief Commercial Officer at Norwegian, said: “We are excited to increase our transatlantic flights next summer to meet demand and continue expanding our presence in Ireland. The market presents a clear opportunity to deliver more high-quality flights at lower fares for consumers on both sides of the Atlantic.”
Dublin Airport Managing Director Vincent Harrison said “the increase in capacity on its Providence Boston service is testament to the popularity of the route and will provide greater choice and flexibility for both business and leisure customers”.
Matthew Thomas CEO, Shannon Group, said it’s “going to be a big plus for us in 2019 and will follow the huge success we have had this year already, with six airlines operating to seven transatlantic destinations this summer, giving Shannon its busiest summer season in 17 years. It’s not just summer season success as we have year-round services to the east coast of the US.”
Kevin Cullinane, Head of Communications at Cork Airport, said: “We welcome the Cork to Boston Providence route announcement for summer 2019, coming just as we celebrate the first year of this significant and successful service.”
Latest posts by TravelExtra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra Remains Open for Business - April 26, 2020
- Irish Travel Agents Association announce upcoming events for Autumn 2020 - April 21, 2020
- Updated return to cruise dates - April 17, 2020
- Future of Aviation - April 15, 2020
- Travel Extra May 2020: Surviving the crisis - April 8, 2020