- Shopping conference goes to Santa MOnica
- 25 presentations on maximising opportunities
This year’s ONE Travel Conference will take place at Le Meridien Delfina Hotel in Santa Monica, California on September 7-9 wil feature 25 separate forums on retial toruism.
Attendees include 25 expert presenters and tourism leaders who organisers say have been asked to share case studies and innovative ideas on how to maximise success in global tourism, with a focus on addressing the many new opportunities for business development and growth for the travel industry.
A tour operator marketplace and reception will kick off the conference, which will then go on to showcase the annual SASI-ONE Awards for innovative tourism marketing, a ‘Meet the Experts’ roundtables breakfast and the ONE Silent Auction to benefit travel industry scholarships and cultural outreach.
Rosemary McCormick, president of Shop America Alliance and producer of the ONE Travel Conference said. “Shopping, dining and cultural and heritage travel are consistently ranked as the top three travel activities in the USA, according to data tracked by the National Travel & Tourism Office, the US Travel Association and Mandala Research. Our goal is to continue to unify these powerful travel industry segments to speak with ONE voice on the importance of promoting these top travel experiences. The 2016 conference features two and a half days of executive level idea exchange and tourism business development opportunities.”
Misti Kerns, president and CEO of Santa Monica Travel & Tourism said “This is an opportunity for Santa Monica to showcase our wide array of superb shopping, dining and rich collection of cultural and heritage treasures.”
Kate Birchler, assistant vice president of tourism marketing for Macerich added, “our corporate headquarters and Santa Monica Place are both located in this visitor-centric destination. We look forward to welcoming conference attendees to Santa Monica Place to experience a sophisticated mix of fashion, dining and entertainment overlooking gorgeous ocean views.”
The 2016 ONE planning commimtte members are:
- Kathy Anderson, Anderson Retail Tourism Marketing
- Kate Birchler, Macerich Shopping Centers
- Anita Boeker, US Cultural & Heritage Tourism Marketing Council
- Werner Escher, South Coast Plaza
- Stephen Fine, OutletBound.com and CrossBorderShopping.ca
- Carolyn Feimster, CJF Marketing International
- Rose Hapanowich, Destiny USA
- Julie Heizer, National Travel & Tourism Office
- Pat Lee, Cherry Creek Center
- Art Jimenez, Las Vegas CVA
- Laura Mandala, Mandala Research
- Richard Peterson, Santa Monica Travel & Tourism
- Carolyn Petty, TaxFree Shopping Texas
- Shoshana Puccia, Santa Monica Place
- Denise Thevenot, Louisiana Tax Free Shopping
- Peggy Ziglin, Craig Realty Group
The 2016 conference will be the 6th annual ONE Travel Conference and the 19th annual Shop America Tourism Conference. Registration is open for the ONE Travel Conference, delegate fee is $695 per person through June 30, 2016 and $795 thereafter, subject to availability. For more information, contact the ONE Travel Conference producer: Rosemary McCormick, Shop America Alliance, 707-224-3795, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit ONETravelConference.com
Shop America Alliance LLC is the travel trade organization representing hundreds of the premier shopping tourism destinations, retailers, shopping centers and outlets in North America and Central America. Founded in 1998, Shop America Alliance produces the annual ONE Travel Conference and SASI-ONE Awards and The Cultural Traveler guidebook, publishes Shop America Magazine and markets more than 175 shopping tours and cultural experiences in 40 cities. For more information, visit shopamericatours.com or call 707-224-3795.
US. Cultural & Heritage Tourism Marketing Council LLC is the travel trade association with a mission to market U.S. cultural and heritage tourism experiences. USCHT represents leading U.S. tourism destinations, attractions and travel partners engaged in marketing U.S. cultural and heritage to travelers throughout the United States and around the world. The Council co-produces the annual ONE Travel Conference and SASI-ONE Awards and The Cultural Traveler guidebook and sponsors market research on the Cultural and Heritage Traveler. For more information, visit TheCulturalTraveler.com.
Latest posts by TravelExtra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra Remains Open for Business - April 26, 2020
- Irish Travel Agents Association announce upcoming events for Autumn 2020 - April 21, 2020
- Updated return to cruise dates - April 17, 2020
- Future of Aviation - April 15, 2020
- Travel Extra May 2020: Surviving the crisis - April 8, 2020