- Goshawk now top ten aircraft lessor with a fleet of 223 aircraft
- 15 aircraft in SKY Leasing’s Irish subsidiary
Ruth Kelly led Goshawk Aviation closed the acquisition of SKY Leasing’s Irish subsidiary and its 51 aircraft, creating a top 10 aircraft lessor with a fleet of 223 aircraft and a value of US$11.4bn.
The addition of 51 young aircraft with long leases brings its owned, managed and committed fleet to 223 aircraft.
The fleet consists of in-demand, versatile and fuel-efficient aircraft. Narrowbodies represent 77pc of the portfolio which has an average age of 3.0 years and an average lease term of 7.7 years.
The acquisition has increased Goshawk’s diversification by adding 17 new lessees and 6 new countries bringing total reach to 64 lessees and 34 countries.
Latest posts by TravelExtra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra Remains Open for Business - April 26, 2020
- Irish Travel Agents Association announce upcoming events for Autumn 2020 - April 21, 2020
- Updated return to cruise dates - April 17, 2020
- Future of Aviation - April 15, 2020
- Travel Extra May 2020: Surviving the crisis - April 8, 2020