- 90pc of January flights arrived on-time (excluding AT- related delays)
- ATC staff shortages delayed over 2,900 flights (5pc)
- Airlines carries more than 10m passengers in month
Ryanair has released its January customer service statistics, claiming that staff shortages in air traffic control centres on delays to more than 2,900 flights.
Ryanair marketing director Kenny Jacobs said: “Ryanair carried over 10m guests in January with over 90pc of our flights (excl. ATC) arriving on-time, as we continue to deliver industry leading punctuality, despite strikes by Italian Air Traffic Controllers and ATC staff shortages in France, Germany and the UK (which caused 5pc of our delays).
“These ongoing ATC staff shortages are unacceptable, and together with other airlines we call on Europe’s Governments and the EU Commission to take urgent action to put passengers’ needs before those of small but powerful ATC unions to prevent another summer of chaos, by ensuring that ATC providers are fully staffed and that overflights are not affected when national strikes take place.”
The airline also released its monthly ‘Rate My Flight’ customer experience score, which said 92pc of respondents in January rated their flight experience ‘Excellent/Very Good /Good’, with high ratings for boarding (87pc), crew friendliness (94pc), onboard service (93pc) and range of food and drink (82pc).
Mr Jacobs said: “We’re pleased that 92pc of over 75,000 customers rated their Ryanair flight in January as ‘Excellent/Very Good /Good’ using Ryanair’s Rate My Flight feature, which allows all customers to provide real-time reviews on their flights via the Ryanair app. We welcome this feedback, which helps us to try harder to further improve the Ryanair service for customers.”
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Club Travel to take over Atlas Travel - December 3, 2019
- Ryanair passengers up 6pc to record 11m in November - December 3, 2019
- WATCH: Highlights from 2019 ITAA Conference in Cordoba - October 19, 2019
- Newcomer Aimsir in Kildare wins two Michelin Stars - October 7, 2019
- Ryanair annual passenger numbers pass 150m for first time - October 2, 2019