- Second biggest airline in Europe after Lufthansa group
- Load factor is highest in history of aviation
Ryanair carried a record 139.2m passengers in 2018, up 8pc on 2017, and achieved an industry leading average load factor of 96pc for the first time.
They achieved the highest annualised load factor in the history of aviation with 96pc. December load factor was 95pc and passengers numbers with 10.0m (95%) on Ryanair and 0.3m (93pc) on Laudamotion, which it acquired in August. Ryanair’s December 2017 growth rate had fallen to 3pc as the airline coped with pilot rostering problems.
The Lufthansa group is certain to retain its position as Europe’s largest airline having carried 132.42m passengers to end November.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: Pier pressure, is Dublin Port willing to reprieve its cap on cruise ships? - March 24, 2019
- Travel quote of the day from an Irish writer - March 21, 2019
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: Boeing’s MCAS meltdown, where will it end? - March 17, 2019
- SECOND Boeing 737-Max loss in 6 months: Ethiopian ET-AVJ crashes after take off from Addis to Nairobi - March 10, 2019
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: A321 production line delay ruins Aer Lingus’s summer - March 10, 2019