- Second biggest airline in Europe after Lufthansa group
- Load factor is highest in history of aviation
Ryanair carried a record 139.2m passengers in 2018, up 8pc on 2017, and achieved an industry leading average load factor of 96pc for the first time.
They achieved the highest annualised load factor in the history of aviation with 96pc. December load factor was 95pc and passengers numbers with 10.0m (95%) on Ryanair and 0.3m (93pc) on Laudamotion, which it acquired in August. Ryanair’s December 2017 growth rate had fallen to 3pc as the airline coped with pilot rostering problems.
The Lufthansa group is certain to retain its position as Europe’s largest airline having carried 132.42m passengers to end November.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- The fight against Flight Shame: Europe’s airlines campaign for Single European Sky has become an environmental issue - July 10, 2019
- Ryanair monthly figures close in on 15m, rolling annual now 146.5m - July 2, 2019
- Brittany Ferries deploys extra MV Connemara rotations for Cork-Roscoff Pont Aven bookings - May 29, 2019
- Ryanair April figures up 10pc to record 13.5, rolling annual now 142.3m - May 2, 2019
- Visitors from Britain in March down 5.49p on pre Brexit levels - April 25, 2019