- Second biggest airline in Europe after Lufthansa group
- Load factor is highest in history of aviation
Ryanair carried a record 139.2m passengers in 2018, up 8pc on 2017, and achieved an industry leading average load factor of 96pc for the first time.
They achieved the highest annualised load factor in the history of aviation with 96pc. December load factor was 95pc and passengers numbers with 10.0m (95%) on Ryanair and 0.3m (93pc) on Laudamotion, which it acquired in August. Ryanair’s December 2017 growth rate had fallen to 3pc as the airline coped with pilot rostering problems.
The Lufthansa group is certain to retain its position as Europe’s largest airline having carried 132.42m passengers to end November.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Ryanair up 8pc in August, set to become Europe’s first 150m pa airline - September 3, 2019
- EL AL to fly Dublin to Tel Aviv 3w year round from May 26 - August 28, 2019
- Ryanair growth rate back to 9pc after year of falters with record 14.8m passengers in July - August 6, 2019
- Superbreak and Laterooms ceases trading - August 1, 2019
- Ryanair turns on Boeing as quarterly profits dip by a quarter - July 29, 2019