- Second biggest airline in Europe after Lufthansa group
- Load factor is highest in history of aviation
Ryanair carried a record 139.2m passengers in 2018, up 8pc on 2017, and achieved an industry leading average load factor of 96pc for the first time.
They achieved the highest annualised load factor in the history of aviation with 96pc. December load factor was 95pc and passengers numbers with 10.0m (95%) on Ryanair and 0.3m (93pc) on Laudamotion, which it acquired in August. Ryanair’s December 2017 growth rate had fallen to 3pc as the airline coped with pilot rostering problems.
The Lufthansa group is certain to retain its position as Europe’s largest airline having carried 132.42m passengers to end November.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Visitors from Britain in March down 5.49p on pre Brexit levels - April 25, 2019
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: Norwegian drop Cork and Shannon trans-Atlantic amid B737 Max meltdown - April 21, 2019
- Limerick positions itself as a gateway to Wild Atlantic Way as it pushes for 1.1m visitors - April 16, 2019
- Celtic Tigers: Irish team wins inaugural Stena Line Masters tournament - April 16, 2019
- Doolin named a ‘destination of excellence’ under Fáilte Ireland accreditation system - April 15, 2019