Ryanair has launched a ‘Name a Plane & Fly to Spain’ competition and fundraiser in aid of ISPCC Childline, its 2018 charity partner.
Entrants have a chance to have a Ryanair Boeing 737-800 named after them, and head off on a family holiday to sunny Spain. Applicants have until 10am on December 14 to text ‘Ryanair’ to 50300 to donate €4 to ISPCC Childline.
Ryanair Chief Marketing Officer Kenny Jacobs said: “We are proud to partner with ISPCC Childline and support their invaluable work and the lifeline service the organisation provides. Our ‘Name the Plane & Fly to Spain’ competition offers a unique prize of a family holiday to Spain and the chance to have one of our planes named after you, while offering the perfect opportunity for families across Ireland to show their support for ISPCC Childline in the run-up to Christmas this year.”
ISPCC CEO John Church said: “ISPCC Childline relies on corporate and public donations for over 90pc of its funding, to ensure the service is always there for every child and young person in Ireland. Unfortunately, not every house in the country fills with Christmas cheer and excitement. Some children feel anxious, upset, lonely, or afraid.
“Thankfully, many contact Childline to share their worries and fears. Childline answers over 1,000 contacts every year on Christmas Day from children and young people across Ireland who seek a listening ear. This is the third year that Ryanair have chosen ISPCC Childline as their charity partner and we are hugely grateful.”
Full terms and conditions at www.ispcc.ie/competition.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Limerick positions itself as a gateway to Wild Atlantic Way as it pushes for 1.1m visitors - April 16, 2019
- Celtic Tigers: Irish team wins inaugural Stena Line Masters tournament - April 16, 2019
- Doolin named a ‘destination of excellence’ under Fáilte Ireland accreditation system - April 15, 2019
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: Trump triggers more turbulence for Ryanair and other Boeing customers - April 14, 2019
- Shannon Heritage to further develop historic Newbridge House as tourist attraction - April 13, 2019