- Dublin to Kiev (Thursday) – dep 15.00 arr 20.50
- Dublin to Kiev (Sunday) – 07.35 arr 13.25
- Kiev to Dublin (Thursday) – dep 14.00 arr 15.50
- Kiev to Dublin (Sunday) – dep 21.25 arr 23.15
Ryanair has announced a new route from Dublin to Kiev, with a twice-weekly service commencing May 2 2019, as part of Ryanair’s Summer 19 schedule.
Ryanair’s Dublin summer schedule now includes 99 routes in total, with 11 new routes to Bodrum, Bordeaux, Bournemouth, Cagliari, Frankfurt, Gothenburg, Kiev, London Southend, Lourdes, Luxembourg and Thessaloniki, which it believes will deliver over 16.4m customers through Dublin Airport next year.
It’s the latest route between Ireland and the east, with Aeroflot recommencing direct services between Dublin and Moscow. Ryanair will operate to the city’s Boryspil International Airport.
Ryanair plans to invest $1.5bn in Ukraine in three to five years, expanding its fleet to 15 planes and passenger traffic to 5m people, Ryanair Chief Commercial Officer David O’Brien said at a meeting with Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko in the Ukrainian capital on Tuesday. In the summer of 2019, we will open 22 routes from Ukraine. There will be 11 countries, including four new ones,” Mr O’Brien said. As well as Dublin, new routes include Manchester, Sofia and Paphos.
Dublin Airport Managing Director Vincent Harrison said: “With a population of more than 2.8 million, Kiev is a major city in eastern Europe with an abundance of culture and history. The new route will boost trade and tourism between Ireland and Ukraine and I have no doubt it will be popular route in both directions. We will work closely with Ryanair and its management team to promote this new route.”
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Visitors from Britain in March down 5.49p on pre Brexit levels - April 25, 2019
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: Norwegian drop Cork and Shannon trans-Atlantic amid B737 Max meltdown - April 21, 2019
- Limerick positions itself as a gateway to Wild Atlantic Way as it pushes for 1.1m visitors - April 16, 2019
- Celtic Tigers: Irish team wins inaugural Stena Line Masters tournament - April 16, 2019
- Doolin named a ‘destination of excellence’ under Fáilte Ireland accreditation system - April 15, 2019