- Passenger numbers up 12pc to 11.8m
- Load factor up 2 points to 96pc
- Rolling annual traffic to June up 13pc to 123.8m.
Ryanair recorded their 39th consecutive monthly record with passenger numbers for June up 12pc to 11.8m.
The load factor of 96pc is a record for the aviation industry. Ryanair previously recorded a load factor of 96pc three times before, in July 2016, August 2016 and April 2017.
Ryanair hit 95pc load factor on seven occasions, July and August 2015, September, October, November 2016, and February and May 2017,
For the second consecutive year the June figures matches almost exactly the May figures.
Ryanair’s consistent increase in passenger numbers and load factor mean that the monthly total is unlikely to fall below 10m even in November-February traditionally the weakest months for the industry in Europe
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: A good time to be a sniffer dog - July 23, 2017
- An early arrival so Aer Lingus’ Ivan delivers his baby daughter - July 21, 2017
- Aer Lingus relives the glamour days of aviation as 1940s DC-3 lands in Dublin - July 20, 2017
- Ireland’s Air Corps will colour the skies above the Liffey at 11am today - July 20, 2017
- Ireland looks out of this world in trailer for the new Star Wars movie due out this year - July 17, 2017