- Passenger numbers up 12pc to 11.8m
- Load factor up 2 points to 96pc
- Rolling annual traffic to June up 13pc to 123.8m.
Ryanair recorded their 39th consecutive monthly record with passenger numbers for June up 12pc to 11.8m.
The load factor of 96pc is a record for the aviation industry. Ryanair previously recorded a load factor of 96pc three times before, in July 2016, August 2016 and April 2017.
Ryanair hit 95pc load factor on seven occasions, July and August 2015, September, October, November 2016, and February and May 2017,
For the second consecutive year the June figures matches almost exactly the May figures.
Ryanair’s consistent increase in passenger numbers and load factor mean that the monthly total is unlikely to fall below 10m even in November-February traditionally the weakest months for the industry in Europe
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Plucked to safety: US Embassy pardons Dustin the Turkey for Thanksgiving - November 22, 2017
- Globally-focused Swedish hotel group closing in on €900m deal for Jurys Inns - November 21, 2017
- Ryanair holding recruitment day in Dublin this week as it looks to hire 200 engineers - November 21, 2017
- Almost 85,000 travel between Dublin, Kerry and Donegal in last year – Aer Lingus Regional - November 21, 2017
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: It’s raining A330s as Aer Lingus announces seamless to Seattle - November 19, 2017