- Passenger numbers up 12pc to 11.8m
- Load factor up 2 points to 96pc
- Rolling annual traffic to June up 13pc to 123.8m.
Ryanair recorded their 39th consecutive monthly record with passenger numbers for June up 12pc to 11.8m.
The load factor of 96pc is a record for the aviation industry. Ryanair previously recorded a load factor of 96pc three times before, in July 2016, August 2016 and April 2017.
Ryanair hit 95pc load factor on seven occasions, July and August 2015, September, October, November 2016, and February and May 2017,
For the second consecutive year the June figures matches almost exactly the May figures.
Ryanair’s consistent increase in passenger numbers and load factor mean that the monthly total is unlikely to fall below 10m even in November-February traditionally the weakest months for the industry in Europe
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- As the world gets set to go green, Dublin sees red for Chinese new year - February 16, 2018
- Ryanair to fly from Shannon to Liverpool and Bristol and boost Manchester services - February 16, 2018
- Irish spend €32m in Malta as visitor numbers rise by 9pc - February 14, 2018
- AerCap report 402 airline transactions in 2017 including 119 widebody - February 14, 2018
- Eastern Med and cruising to be star performers this summer as TUI earnings up 58pc - February 14, 2018