- Swissport staff offered transfer to Omniserv
- Swissport will look after Ryanair at 40 other airports
Ryanair has chosen OmniServ as its new handler at London Stansted Airport, following what the airline calls an extensive tendering process.
From February 1st 2019, OmniServ (operating as Blue Handling) will provide all of Ryanair’s check-in, baggage and ground operations handling at Stansted, Ryanair’s largest base, with over 40 based aircraft and more than 200 daily departures.
OmniServ will replace Swissport, who will continue to handle Ryanair’s operations at over 40 other airports across Europe, and all current Swissport staff at Stansted will be offered contracts with OmniServ from February 1st, in order to minimise disruptions
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Ryanair growth rate back to 9pc after year of falters with record 14.8m passengers in July - August 6, 2019
- Superbreak and Laterooms ceases trading - August 1, 2019
- Ryanair turns on Boeing as quarterly profits dip by a quarter - July 29, 2019
- The fight against Flight Shame: Europe’s airlines campaign for Single European Sky has become an environmental issue - July 10, 2019
- Ryanair monthly figures close in on 15m, rolling annual now 146.5m - July 2, 2019