- Swissport staff offered transfer to Omniserv
- Swissport will look after Ryanair at 40 other airports
Ryanair has chosen OmniServ as its new handler at London Stansted Airport, following what the airline calls an extensive tendering process.
From February 1st 2019, OmniServ (operating as Blue Handling) will provide all of Ryanair’s check-in, baggage and ground operations handling at Stansted, Ryanair’s largest base, with over 40 based aircraft and more than 200 daily departures.
OmniServ will replace Swissport, who will continue to handle Ryanair’s operations at over 40 other airports across Europe, and all current Swissport staff at Stansted will be offered contracts with OmniServ from February 1st, in order to minimise disruptions
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Brittany Ferries deploys extra MV Connemara rotations for Cork-Roscoff Pont Aven bookings - May 29, 2019
- Ryanair April figures up 10pc to record 13.5, rolling annual now 142.3m - May 2, 2019
- Visitors from Britain in March down 5.49p on pre Brexit levels - April 25, 2019
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: Norwegian drop Cork and Shannon trans-Atlantic amid B737 Max meltdown - April 21, 2019
- Limerick positions itself as a gateway to Wild Atlantic Way as it pushes for 1.1m visitors - April 16, 2019