Ryanair is to extend its partnership with Dublin-headquartered CarTrawler for another two years. The airline said the “world’s leading B2B travel technology platform” powers Ryanair Car Hire, for Ryanair’s 131m customers on the Ryanair.com website.
Ryanair Car Hire offers customers a direct connection to over 1,500 leading and independent car rental agents in over 30,000 airport and city locations, across 174 different countries. Since launching Ryanair Car Hire in September 2015 customers from more than 180 countries have hired cars via Ryanair.com. Dublin has been the most popular location for car hire, followed by Milan Bergamo, London, Malaga and Porto, while visits from mobile devices have increased over 200pc.
The partnership will shortly be further expanded to include additional ground transport services such as taxi and rail transfers.
Ryanair Chief Marketing Officer Kenny Jacobs said: “We are working closely to expand our offering to include additional ground transfer options.”
CarTrawler CEO, Mike McGrearty said: “For the last two years, the CarTrawler team has been heavily focused on improving performance of Ryanair Car Hire. Innovations such as a complete overhaul of the mobile web platform, and a full integration of CarTrawler technology into the Ryanair app has led to a seamless experience across all devices for Ryanair customers.”
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Plucked to safety: US Embassy pardons Dustin the Turkey for Thanksgiving - November 22, 2017
- Globally-focused Swedish hotel group closing in on €900m deal for Jurys Inns - November 21, 2017
- Ryanair holding recruitment day in Dublin this week as it looks to hire 200 engineers - November 21, 2017
- Almost 85,000 travel between Dublin, Kerry and Donegal in last year – Aer Lingus Regional - November 21, 2017
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: It’s raining A330s as Aer Lingus announces seamless to Seattle - November 19, 2017