Ryanair is to extend its partnership with Dublin-headquartered CarTrawler for another two years. The airline said the “world’s leading B2B travel technology platform” powers Ryanair Car Hire, for Ryanair’s 131m customers on the Ryanair.com website.
Ryanair Car Hire offers customers a direct connection to over 1,500 leading and independent car rental agents in over 30,000 airport and city locations, across 174 different countries. Since launching Ryanair Car Hire in September 2015 customers from more than 180 countries have hired cars via Ryanair.com. Dublin has been the most popular location for car hire, followed by Milan Bergamo, London, Malaga and Porto, while visits from mobile devices have increased over 200pc.
The partnership will shortly be further expanded to include additional ground transport services such as taxi and rail transfers.
Ryanair Chief Marketing Officer Kenny Jacobs said: “We are working closely to expand our offering to include additional ground transfer options.”
CarTrawler CEO, Mike McGrearty said: “For the last two years, the CarTrawler team has been heavily focused on improving performance of Ryanair Car Hire. Innovations such as a complete overhaul of the mobile web platform, and a full integration of CarTrawler technology into the Ryanair app has led to a seamless experience across all devices for Ryanair customers.”
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- As the world gets set to go green, Dublin sees red for Chinese new year - February 16, 2018
- Ryanair to fly from Shannon to Liverpool and Bristol and boost Manchester services - February 16, 2018
- Irish spend €32m in Malta as visitor numbers rise by 9pc - February 14, 2018
- AerCap report 402 airline transactions in 2017 including 119 widebody - February 14, 2018
- Eastern Med and cruising to be star performers this summer as TUI earnings up 58pc - February 14, 2018