Ryanair is to extend its partnership with Dublin-headquartered CarTrawler for another two years. The airline said the “world’s leading B2B travel technology platform” powers Ryanair Car Hire, for Ryanair’s 131m customers on the Ryanair.com website.
Ryanair Car Hire offers customers a direct connection to over 1,500 leading and independent car rental agents in over 30,000 airport and city locations, across 174 different countries. Since launching Ryanair Car Hire in September 2015 customers from more than 180 countries have hired cars via Ryanair.com. Dublin has been the most popular location for car hire, followed by Milan Bergamo, London, Malaga and Porto, while visits from mobile devices have increased over 200pc.
The partnership will shortly be further expanded to include additional ground transport services such as taxi and rail transfers.
Ryanair Chief Marketing Officer Kenny Jacobs said: “We are working closely to expand our offering to include additional ground transfer options.”
CarTrawler CEO, Mike McGrearty said: “For the last two years, the CarTrawler team has been heavily focused on improving performance of Ryanair Car Hire. Innovations such as a complete overhaul of the mobile web platform, and a full integration of CarTrawler technology into the Ryanair app has led to a seamless experience across all devices for Ryanair customers.”
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Turkish delight for Dublin Airport as Ryanair launches Dalaman service - June 25, 2018
- TRAVEL Extra Sunday Supplement: Norwegian targets Toronto as it expands Irish Atlantic operation, June 24 - June 24, 2018
- ITAA joins Ryanair and IAG in condemning latest round of air traffic strikes - June 22, 2018
- Niall Burgess: Irish passport renewals for children to be online before end of the year - June 21, 2018
- Norwegian to fly Dublin Airport to Toronto Hamilton daily from next March - June 21, 2018