- 48-hour free grace period for changes to bookings
- €199 a year for free seats, fast-track & priority boarding
- find a cheaper fare within 3 hours, get paid the difference plus €5 MyRyanair credit
Ryanair has signalled its move into the more competitive French, German and Scandinavian markets with a new set of customer guarantees designed to win market share and convince former passengers to return.
Designed to replace the three year Always Getting Better programme, Ryanair’s ‘More Choice, Lower Fares & Great Care’ programme has been launched offering a grace period of 48 hours for the first time.
- Lowest Fares – find a cheaper fare within 3 hours, get paid the difference plus €5 MyRyanair credit
- Punctuality – deliver 90pc target (excluding ATC delays) or 5pc off following month’s air fares
- New Max Aircraft – new interiors, more legroom, more seats, greenest aircraft – April
- Customer Care Charter – EU261 claims processed in 10 days, new 24/7 support, connect in 2 mins
- Care Improvements – 48-hour free of charge grace period for changes to bookings
- Environmental Improvements – carbon offset programme & plastic free in 5 years
- New Ryanair Choice – €199 annual fee for free seats, fast-track & priority boarding for freq. guests
- Digital Improvements – new fare finder, sports tickets, bespoke travel guides & faster mobile
The grace period is still relatively rare in aviation, with SAS Sacnindavian one of the few airlines to offer one.
European legislataors have long considered following the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations for travel within, from, or to the United States, stating that passengers are entitled to a full refund on non-refundable tickets within 24 hours of booking as long as your flight is at least 7 days away—with no cancellation fee. Airlines are also allowed to hold a reservation for 24-hours, without payment, to satisfy this rule, but most will just make you pay first and refund after the fact if you change your mind
Kenny Jacobs said: “Ryanair will carry 152m customers this year who will enjoy these latest improvements including lowest price and punctuality promises, our Customer Care Charter, new Ryanair Choice membership, and this Summer many will enjoy our new Boeing MAX “Gamechanger” aircraft with more legroom and bright new interiors.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Derry Stansted and Manchester routes get reprieve as Loganair sets in - February 22, 2019
- Destination of the day: Chicago - February 22, 2019
- Flybe reject alternative bid to save airline and go with Stobart - February 21, 2019
- Icelandair to increase Dublin-Reyjkjavik frequency to 10w from May - February 21, 2019
- Aer Lingus ramps up ancillary services push with car hire partnership - February 20, 2019