- 10,000 customers who had booked 22kg bags switch to 10kg
- Ryanair free checked bags will end on November 1
Ryanair claims that 10,000 passengers chose to book a 10kg checked bag for €8 rather than the 20kg for €25 in the first three days after Ryanair’s baggage change rom Novemebr 1 was announced.
The new bag policy eliminates all free second bags at the gate bags which they claim was causing flight delays this summer:
- Priority Boarding customers can continue to bring 2 free carry-on bags (1 x 10kg wheelie bag and 1 small bag).
- Non-priority customers can only bring 1 free (small) carry-on bag from 1 Nov.
- If non-priority customers want to bring a 2nd bigger (wheelie) bag they can buy a lower cost 10kg check bag for €8 at time of booking (currently a 20kg bag costs €25). This 10kg wheelie bag must be checked in at the airport bag drop desk.
All customers with checked bags can now switch from the €25 x 20kg bag to the cheaper €8 x 10kg checked bag.
Latest posts by TravelExtra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra Remains Open for Business - April 26, 2020
- Irish Travel Agents Association announce upcoming events for Autumn 2020 - April 21, 2020
- Updated return to cruise dates - April 17, 2020
- Future of Aviation - April 15, 2020
- Travel Extra May 2020: Surviving the crisis - April 8, 2020