- Fridays: Dep Snn 21.00 arr EMA 22.05
- Dep EMA 19.20 arr Snn 20.35
- Mondays: Dep Snn 08.20 arr EMA 09.25
- Dep EMA 06.40 arr Snn 07.55
Ryanair is to fly 2w from Shannon Airport to East Midlands Airport in England as part of its summer 2019 schedule.
The service will run from April 5-October 25, providing 22,000 seats in total. Shannon said its passenger numbers this year are up over 30pc from when it separated from Dublin and Cork in 2013.
Andrew Murphy, Shannon Airport Managing Director, said of the new service: “It builds on a very strong year with the commencement of our new Barcelona-Reus and Bristol services with Ryanair and the recent announcement of a first ever service to Ibiza from Shannon, and confirmation that the popular Alicante service will be operated year-round.
“East Midlands will be a great service for families who wish to visit the hugely popular Alton Towers theme park, or couples or friends wishing to visit Nottingham or Derbyshire, two wonderfully historic and scenic parts of England. And then there’s the sporting aspect to it, with the likes of Leicester and Nottingham Forest in football and Leicester Tigers in rugby.”
Matthew Thomas, CEO, Shannon Group said: “2018 has been our best year in over a decade and that is down to our determined commitment to provide the best possible service and experience for our passengers.”
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- The fight against Flight Shame: Europe’s airlines campaign for Single European Sky has become an environmental issue - July 10, 2019
- Ryanair monthly figures close in on 15m, rolling annual now 146.5m - July 2, 2019
- Brittany Ferries deploys extra MV Connemara rotations for Cork-Roscoff Pont Aven bookings - May 29, 2019
- Ryanair April figures up 10pc to record 13.5, rolling annual now 142.3m - May 2, 2019
- Visitors from Britain in March down 5.49p on pre Brexit levels - April 25, 2019