- Cork-Malta 2w from March 31
- 4th Ryanair Cork announcement
- Luton & Faro October & Poznań March
Ryanair is to fly Cork to Malta 2w from March 31, reinstating a route last flown by Air Malta tin the early noughties.
This is the fourth Ryanair route announcement in as many weeks using non based aircraft at Cork Airport, following announcements that London Luton and Faro will operate from October, and a new service to Poznań, Poland will commence in March 2019.
Ryanair announced 10 new routes and sixth aircraft tol be based in Malta from April 2019 in a press conference in Malta. All the routes start with summer 2019 season brining the total number of routes form Maltas to 61.
- Exeter 2w
- Cardiff 2w
- Perugia 2w
- Lamezia 2w
- Thessaloniki 2w
- Luxembourg 2w
- Nantes 2w
- Cork 2w
- Maastricht 2w
- Oslo Torp 1w
Frequency increases compared to S18 include
- Madrid +1 to 5w
- Valencia +1 to 3w
- Porto +1 to 3w
An estimated 2.4m passengers will travel through Cork Airport up 4pc increase on 2017 and further growth planned in 2019.
Cork Airport Managing Director, Niall MacCarthy said: “Malta is a fantastic destination, famous for its beautiful coastline, amazing heritage sites, and the capital city Valetta is a real gem. We see Malta as a strong, safe outbound destination which combines food, sun and amazing sights.
Ryanair’s Robin Kiely said: “Rto celebrate, Ryanair are releasing seats for sale from €14.99 for travel from September to October, available for booking atwww.ryanair.com until Friday midnight (September 7).
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Margaret Kilduff August finalist in Blue Insurance car competition - September 20, 2018
- CCPC clear €70m Blue Insurances deal - September 19, 2018
- Dublin Airport Update - September 19, 2018
- Travel quote of the day from an Irish writer - September 19, 2018
- Travel quote of the day from an Irish writer - September 18, 2018