The airline is now selling its Monday, Wednesday and Saturday Liverpool service, which starts on May 19, and a Monday and Thursday Bristol service from May 17. Ryanair has also added Tuesdays and Wednesdays to its popular Manchester service from Shannon, which will now run 6w.
The additional services will add 60,000 extra seats at Shannon this summer. The two new services bring to 17 the number of destinations that will be served by Ryanair from Shannon this year.
Shannon Group CEO Matthew Thomas said: “We’re gearing up very well for 2018. We’ve already had the announcement of additional transatlantic services this year, and we now have this very positive move by Ryanair to add to the new Reus-Barcelona service Ryanair is starting in March.”
He added that “despite the uncertainty surrounding Brexit, we are adding new services” and “look forward to working with Ryanair on these new services and to the region’s support in making them a success.”
Airport Managing Director Andrew Murphy said: “Liverpool and Bristol are popular outbound destinations from Shannon but both also have an inbound opportunity for this region. Tourism Ireland’s support for these services is very much in acknowledgement of that and their commitment will lead to additional tourists coming into the region and they must be commended for that.”
Shannon Chamber CEO Helen Downes said that “increased levels of connectivity to the region generate economic activity at many levels.” She said businesses and tourism providers have long called for increased Shannon services to Britain; this response by way of added capacity on the Manchester route and new services to Liverpool and Bristol will open up new opportunities for business and tourism at both ends.”
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by TravelExtra (see all)
- Club Travel profits ahead, sales behind 2019 - September 17, 2023
- Man arrested after stabbing incident outside Terminal 1 in Dublin Airport - September 17, 2023
- ‘Pre-pandemic the split was 44/56 in favour of the visitors, now it is 67/33 in favour of home holidays.’ - September 17, 2023
- ITIC Conference programme Monday Sept 18 2023 - September 17, 2023
- ‘The more the owners of the land complain about the price that the daa is offering, the more evident it becomes that they only have one buyer.’ - September 17, 2023