- Ryanair using Stansted to bypass Gatwick drone closure
- All Friday flights transfedrred to Stansted
Ryanair has transferred all Gatwick departures and arrivals to Gatwick for Friday December 21.
Flights on Thursday were diverted to Stansted, which is a major base for Ryanair.
In brief statement that airline said: We have been advised that London Gatwick Airport is closed following an earlier runway closure. All flights on 20th Dec are now operating from London Stansted. Due to ongoing issues at London Gatwick Airport, flights scheduled to/from London Gatwick on Dec 21 will instead operate to/from London Stansted. All customers have been notified by the Ryanair Customer care team.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Visitors from Britain in March down 5.49p on pre Brexit levels - April 25, 2019
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: Norwegian drop Cork and Shannon trans-Atlantic amid B737 Max meltdown - April 21, 2019
- Limerick positions itself as a gateway to Wild Atlantic Way as it pushes for 1.1m visitors - April 16, 2019
- Celtic Tigers: Irish team wins inaugural Stena Line Masters tournament - April 16, 2019
- Doolin named a ‘destination of excellence’ under Fáilte Ireland accreditation system - April 15, 2019