- Ryanair using Stansted to bypass Gatwick drone closure
- All Friday flights transfedrred to Stansted
Ryanair has transferred all Gatwick departures and arrivals to Gatwick for Friday December 21.
Flights on Thursday were diverted to Stansted, which is a major base for Ryanair.
In brief statement that airline said: We have been advised that London Gatwick Airport is closed following an earlier runway closure. All flights on 20th Dec are now operating from London Stansted. Due to ongoing issues at London Gatwick Airport, flights scheduled to/from London Gatwick on Dec 21 will instead operate to/from London Stansted. All customers have been notified by the Ryanair Customer care team.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Ryanair up 8pc in August, set to become Europe’s first 150m pa airline - September 3, 2019
- EL AL to fly Dublin to Tel Aviv 3w year round from May 26 - August 28, 2019
- Ryanair growth rate back to 9pc after year of falters with record 14.8m passengers in July - August 6, 2019
- Superbreak and Laterooms ceases trading - August 1, 2019
- Ryanair turns on Boeing as quarterly profits dip by a quarter - July 29, 2019