- Ryanair using Stansted to bypass Gatwick drone closure
- All Friday flights transfedrred to Stansted
Ryanair has transferred all Gatwick departures and arrivals to Gatwick for Friday December 21.
Flights on Thursday were diverted to Stansted, which is a major base for Ryanair.
In brief statement that airline said: We have been advised that London Gatwick Airport is closed following an earlier runway closure. All flights on 20th Dec are now operating from London Stansted. Due to ongoing issues at London Gatwick Airport, flights scheduled to/from London Gatwick on Dec 21 will instead operate to/from London Stansted. All customers have been notified by the Ryanair Customer care team.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Celebrity Cruises to hire new Ireland sales manager as Mandy Burrie promoted - January 15, 2019
- Mainland Europe drives growth to Dublin Airport’s 31.5m passenger record (and why it was really 30.4m) - January 15, 2019
- Ryanair abruptly closes package holiday operation ‘for commercial reasons.’ - January 15, 2019
- Shortlist for Irish Travel Industry Awards - January 14, 2019
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: Irish tour ops told not to use British airlines after March 29 - January 13, 2019