- Ryanair using Stansted to bypass Gatwick drone closure
- All Friday flights transfedrred to Stansted
Ryanair has transferred all Gatwick departures and arrivals to Gatwick for Friday December 21.
Flights on Thursday were diverted to Stansted, which is a major base for Ryanair.
In brief statement that airline said: We have been advised that London Gatwick Airport is closed following an earlier runway closure. All flights on 20th Dec are now operating from London Stansted. Due to ongoing issues at London Gatwick Airport, flights scheduled to/from London Gatwick on Dec 21 will instead operate to/from London Stansted. All customers have been notified by the Ryanair Customer care team.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: Pier pressure, is Dublin Port willing to reprieve its cap on cruise ships? - March 24, 2019
- Travel quote of the day from an Irish writer - March 21, 2019
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: Boeing’s MCAS meltdown, where will it end? - March 17, 2019
- SECOND Boeing 737-Max loss in 6 months: Ethiopian ET-AVJ crashes after take off from Addis to Nairobi - March 10, 2019
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: A321 production line delay ruins Aer Lingus’s summer - March 10, 2019