- Ryanair using Stansted to bypass Gatwick drone closure
- All Friday flights transfedrred to Stansted
Ryanair has transferred all Gatwick departures and arrivals to Gatwick for Friday December 21.
Flights on Thursday were diverted to Stansted, which is a major base for Ryanair.
In brief statement that airline said: We have been advised that London Gatwick Airport is closed following an earlier runway closure. All flights on 20th Dec are now operating from London Stansted. Due to ongoing issues at London Gatwick Airport, flights scheduled to/from London Gatwick on Dec 21 will instead operate to/from London Stansted. All customers have been notified by the Ryanair Customer care team.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- The fight against Flight Shame: Europe’s airlines campaign for Single European Sky has become an environmental issue - July 10, 2019
- Ryanair monthly figures close in on 15m, rolling annual now 146.5m - July 2, 2019
- Brittany Ferries deploys extra MV Connemara rotations for Cork-Roscoff Pont Aven bookings - May 29, 2019
- Ryanair April figures up 10pc to record 13.5, rolling annual now 142.3m - May 2, 2019
- Visitors from Britain in March down 5.49p on pre Brexit levels - April 25, 2019