- An eight-year-old boy died after he fell into a swimming pool on board Royal Caribbean’s Anthem of the Seas.
- NCL suspended shore excursions to Nice and introduced increased security for all ships operating in French ports. P&O Cruises cancelled shore excursions to the city. Royal Caribbean canceled two calls at Nice. MSC Cruises gave passengers the option to cancel or change their excursion plans, while HAL said it would continue to monitor the situation.
- MSC Cruises announced that the second of its Seaside-generation ships will be named the MSC Seaview. The ship will set off on her maiden voyage on June 10, 2018, from Genova, Italy.
- Low water levels caused by limited rainfall on the Elbe River affected some river cruises this week.
- Crystal River Cruises christened Crystal Mozart, at a ceremony in Vienna.
- Norwegian Cruise Line president and CEO Frank Del Rio said the cruise line is close to getting permission to sail to Cuba.
- Carnival opened the Arison Maritime Centre, a €75m cruise safety training facility in Almere, the Netherlands.
- Avalon Waterways cut short an Amazon River cruise after their ship was raided.
- Singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran was reportedly spotted on board Cunard’s Queen Mary 2, sailing from New York to Southampton.
- Next month, Celebrity will debut a wine-blending pilot programme, Blendtique, on board the Celebrity Solstice. Passengers will be given the chance to make a personalised wine blend.
- Costa Cruises’s Costa Diadema introduced five Pepper robots to its crew. Pepper bots are able to recognise a number of human emotions and interact with their surrounding environment.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Plucked to safety: US Embassy pardons Dustin the Turkey for Thanksgiving - November 22, 2017
- Globally-focused Swedish hotel group closing in on €900m deal for Jurys Inns - November 21, 2017
- Ryanair holding recruitment day in Dublin this week as it looks to hire 200 engineers - November 21, 2017
- Almost 85,000 travel between Dublin, Kerry and Donegal in last year – Aer Lingus Regional - November 21, 2017
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: It’s raining A330s as Aer Lingus announces seamless to Seattle - November 19, 2017