- An eight-year-old boy died after he fell into a swimming pool on board Royal Caribbean’s Anthem of the Seas.
- NCL suspended shore excursions to Nice and introduced increased security for all ships operating in French ports. P&O Cruises cancelled shore excursions to the city. Royal Caribbean canceled two calls at Nice. MSC Cruises gave passengers the option to cancel or change their excursion plans, while HAL said it would continue to monitor the situation.
- MSC Cruises announced that the second of its Seaside-generation ships will be named the MSC Seaview. The ship will set off on her maiden voyage on June 10, 2018, from Genova, Italy.
- Low water levels caused by limited rainfall on the Elbe River affected some river cruises this week.
- Crystal River Cruises christened Crystal Mozart, at a ceremony in Vienna.
- Norwegian Cruise Line president and CEO Frank Del Rio said the cruise line is close to getting permission to sail to Cuba.
- Carnival opened the Arison Maritime Centre, a €75m cruise safety training facility in Almere, the Netherlands.
- Avalon Waterways cut short an Amazon River cruise after their ship was raided.
- Singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran was reportedly spotted on board Cunard’s Queen Mary 2, sailing from New York to Southampton.
- Next month, Celebrity will debut a wine-blending pilot programme, Blendtique, on board the Celebrity Solstice. Passengers will be given the chance to make a personalised wine blend.
- Costa Cruises’s Costa Diadema introduced five Pepper robots to its crew. Pepper bots are able to recognise a number of human emotions and interact with their surrounding environment.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement Winners & Losers from Michael O’Leary’s Meltdown - September 24, 2017
- John Cassidy & Eileen Penrose win Amadeus golf event - September 21, 2017
- Rhode Island visits Cork Airport on back of new Norwegian service - September 21, 2017
- Michael O’Leary: Ryanair will be just one of 10-12 parties making binding offers for Alitalia - September 19, 2017
- Ryanair: ‘No longer negotiating with Norwegian’ to feed long haul services - September 19, 2017