- Cliff Town House festival showcases six oysters
- Sixth year of festival
- Hotel group recently expanded to Co Kildare
Cliff Townhouse showcased their Sixth Annual Oyster Fest in the company of producers Diarmuid Kelly from Galway and Gerry O’Halloran from Clare.
Host Hector Ó hEochagáin told the audience: “we are right in the heart of Dublin here, talking about how these oysters came out of the sea hours ago. I wanted to let the audience know that such an export of our country, that these oysters can be in Hong Kong or Dubai or Miami, and that these fishermen are rearing these and growing these. It’s incredible. Ireland is a unique part of the world.”
“It is not about the chefs,” head chef Sean Smith (pictured) said. “It is about recognising what we have around us. The guys working the event are playing a blinder. It is not easy work, you know? But they’re bringing things from the sea. People in Asia recognise it, people in Europe recognise it, particularly the French.”
Cliff House General Manager Adriaan Bartels said the festival was timed for when people are coming back from holidays.
Six types of oysters for around the Irish coast were served up at the event
- Carlingford oyster paired with Oxtail and Castlebellingham Cheese,
- Galway Oyster coupled with Galway Hooker and Blackcurrant,
- Waterford Oyster with Cucumber and Blackwater Gin,
- Native Oyster,
- Flaggy Shore Oyster paired with Spinach and Celery Pernod, and
- Achill Mayo Oyster with Bacon and Cream.
They are now available in the Cliff Town House restaurant.
Cliff House in Ardmore has a Michelin Star and four AA Rosettes. The group expanded to Cliff Town House and Cliff at Lyons last year.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Tourism Ireland CEO Niall Gibbons origin of icons going green for St Patrick’s Day - February 20, 2020
- WATCH: Update on Tourism Ireland from CEO Niall Gibbons - February 20, 2020
- WATCH: tourism minister Brendan Griffin - February 20, 2020
- WATCH Visit Derry roadshow @Fitzwilliam Hotel - February 20, 2020
- WATCH Amadeus host the trade@Peploe’s - February 20, 2020