- Order for 75 A320neos and 25 A321neos
- Aircraft scheduled for delivery from 2023 onwards
- Avolon now Airbus’ largest aircraft lessor backlog customer
- Avolon’s orderbook with Airbus increases to over 220 single-aisle and 45 twin-aisle aircraft
Dublin-based aircraft leasing company Avolon is ordering 100 Airbus A320Neo family aircraft valued at US$11.5bn.
The single-aisle A320neo has a range of 6300km and typically seats 165 passengers. The A321neo, again single aisle, has a range of 7400km and typically seats 206 passengers.
Dómhnal Slattery, Avolon CEO, said: “We are locking in growth well into the next decade and building on our existing order book of exclusively new technology aircraft. The scale of the order reflects the long-term commitment and strategic perspective of our shareholders.
“We continue to see robust demand from our customers for the A320neo family. This is consistent with our own market research and global fleet forecast. Our order affirms our belief in the medium-term market outlook and the strong growth prospects for our business.”
Christian Scherer, Airbus Chief Commercial Officer, said:“This order underscores the market appetite for the efficiency, reliability and passenger appeal of our A320neo family. The A320 family of aircraft is a future-proof asset for investors and airlines alike.”
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Destination of the Day: Broome and Kimberley - January 16, 2019
- Destination of the day Iceland - January 16, 2019
- Celebrity Cruises to hire new Ireland sales manager as Mandy Burrie promoted - January 15, 2019
- Mainland Europe drives growth to Dublin Airport’s 31.5m passenger record (and why it was really 30.4m) - January 15, 2019
- Ryanair abruptly closes package holiday operation ‘for commercial reasons.’ - January 15, 2019