- 4 new stands end phase 1 of development
- Stage 2 will see 20 more stands
London Stansted added four new aircraft stands, as part of the 40,000 sqm echo stand extension, enabling the airport to handle more aircraft during peak hours.
It is part of the airport’s £600m transformation programme. The work involved the pouring of 23,000sqm of concrete, with 1,850 metres of cabling laid and 15km of drainage installed.
New check in desks were added as part of stage 1 of the transformation programme which is now complete.
Stage 2 will see new taxiways, additional aircraft holding areas and a further 20 aircraft stands.
Stansted’s new £130m arrivals terminal is scheduled to open in 2020. This summer the airport opened a new two storey restaurant and bar inspired by London’s Camden district and its market stalls.
Latest posts by TravelExtra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra Remains Open for Business - April 26, 2020
- Irish Travel Agents Association announce upcoming events for Autumn 2020 - April 21, 2020
- Updated return to cruise dates - April 17, 2020
- Future of Aviation - April 15, 2020
- Travel Extra May 2020: Surviving the crisis - April 8, 2020