- Starbucks to open at George Best Belfast City Airport
- Twenty-five jobs to be created in the process
- The Starbucks will be the 19th in the north
Starbucks is set to open a new café in the departures lounge of George Best Belfast City Airport, creating 25 jobs in the process.
The new café will be the 19th Starbucks in the north.
Joanne Deighan, commercial manager at Belfast City Airport, said: “The Starbucks brand is one of the most recognisable in the world and we are thrilled to welcome them to a prime position within our departures lounge at Belfast City Airport which transports more than 2.7m people every year. We were recently named the ‘most convenient airport in the UK and Ireland’ and we want to provide a relaxing area for passengers to enjoy before boarding their flight with a complete food, beverage and retail offering. We are constantly looking for new ways to further enhance the passenger experience and the feedback regarding Starbucks’ arrival has been fantastic so we are excited for the shop’s opening in October and to facilitate 25 new jobs.”
Belfast City Airport already hosts a number of internationally recognised brands within the terminal, including Boots, World Duty Free and WHSmith.
Latest posts by TravelExtra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra Remains Open for Business - April 26, 2020
- Irish Travel Agents Association announce upcoming events for Autumn 2020 - April 21, 2020
- Updated return to cruise dates - April 17, 2020
- Future of Aviation - April 15, 2020
- Travel Extra May 2020: Surviving the crisis - April 8, 2020