- Travel Extra editor describes complex HR scenario
- 3 unions, 3 issues, 24 soccer teams,
Travel Extra editor Eoghan Corry has described the Euro 2016 soccer championship as a soft target for belligerent French Air Traffic Control Unions. Listen here.
He said the three big issues facing the three ATC unions are the reform of French labour law, the single European sky and terms for new entrants to the industry. Many sets of fans have been opting for day trips to avoid exorbitant hotel prices at some of the venues for the soccer competition, and this left them vulnerable to strike action by the French controllers.
Picture shows Marian Finucane and guests on her RTE radio show, MIchael Sheridan, Eoghan Corry, Niamh Hourigan, Brendan Ogle and Philip O’Connor,.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: A good time to be a sniffer dog - July 23, 2017
- An early arrival so Aer Lingus’ Ivan delivers his baby daughter - July 21, 2017
- Aer Lingus relives the glamour days of aviation as 1940s DC-3 lands in Dublin - July 20, 2017
- Ireland’s Air Corps will colour the skies above the Liffey at 11am today - July 20, 2017
- Ireland looks out of this world in trailer for the new Star Wars movie due out this year - July 17, 2017