- Travel Extra editor describes complex HR scenario
- 3 unions, 3 issues, 24 soccer teams,
Travel Extra editor Eoghan Corry has described the Euro 2016 soccer championship as a soft target for belligerent French Air Traffic Control Unions. Listen here.
He said the three big issues facing the three ATC unions are the reform of French labour law, the single European sky and terms for new entrants to the industry. Many sets of fans have been opting for day trips to avoid exorbitant hotel prices at some of the venues for the soccer competition, and this left them vulnerable to strike action by the French controllers.
Picture shows Marian Finucane and guests on her RTE radio show, MIchael Sheridan, Eoghan Corry, Niamh Hourigan, Brendan Ogle and Philip O’Connor,.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: Ryanair wants SIX HUNDRED more aircraft to meet growth plans after 2023 - May 28, 2017
- Queues, tarmac delays & error messages as BA computer system crashes - May 27, 2017
- Ireland now Delta’s 5th biggest European market as Dublin-Boston seasonal route takes off - May 26, 2017
- Now that’s an eruption: Five HOUR waits as Universal’s Volcano Bay in Orlando opens to sound of Haka from Maori dancers - May 26, 2017
- Cork Airport launching summer route to home of Romeo and Juliet - May 25, 2017