- Travel Extra editor describes complex HR scenario
- 3 unions, 3 issues, 24 soccer teams,
Travel Extra editor Eoghan Corry has described the Euro 2016 soccer championship as a soft target for belligerent French Air Traffic Control Unions. Listen here.
He said the three big issues facing the three ATC unions are the reform of French labour law, the single European sky and terms for new entrants to the industry. Many sets of fans have been opting for day trips to avoid exorbitant hotel prices at some of the venues for the soccer competition, and this left them vulnerable to strike action by the French controllers.
Picture shows Marian Finucane and guests on her RTE radio show, MIchael Sheridan, Eoghan Corry, Niamh Hourigan, Brendan Ogle and Philip O’Connor,.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Ryanair growth rate back to 9pc after year of falters with record 14.8m passengers in July - August 6, 2019
- Superbreak and Laterooms ceases trading - August 1, 2019
- Ryanair turns on Boeing as quarterly profits dip by a quarter - July 29, 2019
- The fight against Flight Shame: Europe’s airlines campaign for Single European Sky has become an environmental issue - July 10, 2019
- Ryanair monthly figures close in on 15m, rolling annual now 146.5m - July 2, 2019