- TIFCO to build 400 bedroom hotel
- Arora runs three hotels at Heathrow
DAA has shortlisted the Irish hotel group Tifco and London-based Arora Hotels for a contract to design, build and run a 400-bedroom hotel linked to the airport’s Terminal 2.
Tifco and Arora have been selected from nine parties that submitted expressions of interest in the €100m hotel earlier this year. The seven parties to lose out are understood to include the quoted hotel group Dalata, property company Tetrarch and billionaire John Malone’s MHL Hotel Collection.
Tifco owns or manages 24 hotels and is the second-largest hotel group in the country. It is backed by Goldman Sachs but is in the process of being acquired by the US private equity group Apollo Global Management. Arora operates three hotels at Heathrow airport, including a 605-bedroom Sofitel, and has two hotels at Gatwick airport. It does not have any Irish properties.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Club Travel to take over Atlas Travel - December 3, 2019
- Ryanair passengers up 6pc to record 11m in November - December 3, 2019
- WATCH: Highlights from 2019 ITAA Conference in Cordoba - October 19, 2019
- Newcomer Aimsir in Kildare wins two Michelin Stars - October 7, 2019
- Ryanair annual passenger numbers pass 150m for first time - October 2, 2019