Picture shows Liz Kerr, Topflight Representative in Cork Airport and Sheila Deasy of Lee Travel, the fourth winner of the Topflight family holiday competition, a holiday in the highly sought after four star Bella Italia complex in Pescheira, Lake Garda. Next week’s prize for the final week of Hello Summer family holiday giveaway will be Madeira. Travel agents who books a Great for Kids property during the week will be entered into a draw to win a family holiday to four star Jardins d’Ajuda Suite Hotel in Funchal.
The inaugural winner of the ‘Topflight Travel Photographer of the Year’ will be announced on Tuesday in the Gallery of Photography in Temple Bar, Dublin 2. There are 10 photographs in the running following the public vote which took place on the Topflight Facebook competition page. See here link to the 24 images.
Picture shows Rebecca Mules and Enya Barry of Emirates Cabin crew, James Finnegan of the European Tour, Taoiseach Enda Kenny, Ireland country manager of Emirates Enda Corneille, model Rosanna Davison and Danniella Sermons and Viridiana Carleo of Emirates cabin crew at the Irish Open in Straffan.
Picture shows Pennsylvania and American Airlines group who hosted the trade and media in Dublin at separate events, Mara Sultan of Discover Lancaster, Svetlana Yazovskikh of Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau, Michael Chapaloney of Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Fiona Noonan and Caitriona Toner of American Airlines, Greg Evans of The Greg Evans Consultancy Limited, David Thomas of American Airlines, Ann Pilcher of the Pocono Mountains Convention & Visitors Bureau, Greg Edevane of The Countryside of Philadelphia, Audrey Bialas of Hershey Harrisburg Regional Visitors Bureau and Marc Kaminetsky of the Countryside of Philadelphia
Gearóid Mannion joined Travel Counsellors having closed the Ennis based travel agency founded by his father has closed after 52 years in a move that Travel Counsellors described as “franchise” See here.
- Travel suppliers were invited to join some international travel media at Australian Tourism Exchange for a discussion on storytelling in the digital age. Listen here.
- Croatia Tours Summer Agent Incentive is offering a €30 voucher for any shop for a two-centre or multi-centre package booking. Email to Sharon@croatia.ie
Pictured at the Catalan Tourist Board Spanish Themed evening at the Sternview Gallery at Nash 19 Restaurant in Cork hosted by Cork Airport were: Sean Healy of Lee Travel and Anita Gackowska ofCork Airport.
Ryanair Schools Travel service has been granted a travel agent’s licence by the Commission for Aviation Regulation, ahead of its launch in September,
Mukesh Sharma of World Travel Centre, received the Aer Lingus “Outstanding Contribution” Award at IoD Headquarters. Picture shows Sherry Freeman of Aer Lingus Cabin crew, Mukesh Sharma of World Travel Centre, Andrea Hunter, Business Development Manager, Aer Lingus and Wendy Austin of BBC
The Department of Foreign Affairs has drafted in 227 temporary clerical workers to help clear 68,281 passport applications. There is currently a backlog of 13.5pc – 9,217 applications.
Mauritius tourist arrivals are up by 12.5pc in the first quarter of 2016. John McKibbin of Getabed and Onur Gul of Turkish Airlines hosted a group of agents on a fam trip to Istanbul and Mauritius:: John McKibbin of Getabed, Onur Gul of Turkish Airlines, Jayne O’Shea of Limerick Travel, Ciara Kilpatrick of Classic Resorts, Jennifer Kearney of Gohop Tropicalsky, Roisin Carbery of Tropical Sky, Michelle Lyons of Fahy Travel Worldchoice, Orla Barcoe of Manning Travel, Helen Blackmore of WTC, Angela Heather of Oasis Travel, Karen Kelly of Feherty Travel, Jean Collins of Chaka Travel, Aneta Kwiatkowska of Heffernans Travel and Donna Olohan of Travel Counsellors, See more pictures here or connect with the album on Facebook.
- Affordable Car Hire secret shopper is offering agents €50 cash. See here
- Aeroméxico and Travelport agreed on a partnership including new digital services with MTT. Travelport launched a new XML solution with Movida live
- Boston Consulting Group and Amadeus launch a new itinerary management app, see here. Amadeus Ancillary Services has signed 108 airlines and 75 carriers.
- Aoife Delaney, Director of Global Sales of Ovation Global DMC was given the Pacesetter Award 2016 by the Convention Industry Council.
- Travel company employees were targeted in a phishing scam.
- Tour America’s Deirdre Grant co-hosts a travel show on the Keep It Country Music Channel. It airs Mondays at 2pm with repeats on Fridays at 4pm.
- Wendy Wu Tour is offering agents to change to earn a €50 One4all voucher for every booking made during May.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Ryanair up 8pc in August, set to become Europe’s first 150m pa airline - September 3, 2019
- EL AL to fly Dublin to Tel Aviv 3w year round from May 26 - August 28, 2019
- Ryanair growth rate back to 9pc after year of falters with record 14.8m passengers in July - August 6, 2019
- Superbreak and Laterooms ceases trading - August 1, 2019
- Ryanair turns on Boeing as quarterly profits dip by a quarter - July 29, 2019