Irish indie group Kodaline are the new face of tourism in Dublin after Tourism Ireland teamed up with Vevo, a popular music video and entertainment platform, to create a new video guide to Dublin starring the band. The video is part of a promotion to showcase the capital to British holidaymakers this autumn.
The campaign will see Vevo create a new series of online videos – called Real Guides – fronted by well-known music acts in different cities. The first of these video guides is all about Dublin and stars Kodaline, whose band members hail from Dublin and Kildare.
Filming took place around Dublin during the week, with the four band members taking viewers on a journey around their favourite places to shop, eat, drink and hang out in the city. Kodaline are best known for their No 1 hit single High Hopes and chart-topping album Coming up for Air.
The video will be unveiled in early September and will be promoted across the Vevo platform in Britain this autumn, with the potential to reach up to 10 million 18 to 34-year-olds – or potential visitors for Dublin. It’s just one element of Tourism Ireland’s busy autumn campaign to raise awareness of some of the many great experiences on offer in Dublin and elsewhere around the island of Ireland.
Latest posts by TravelExtra (see all)
- Ryanair wanted to charge €60 to carry a camán on board a flight from Manchester to Cork - September 20, 2023
- Should Ireland join Schengen? These are the 38 points in the ITIC plan for Irish tourism. - September 19, 2023
- ‘Irish tourism is not expected to recover to pre pandemic levels until 2026, behind other sectors’ - September 19, 2023
- Club Travel profits ahead, sales behind 2019 - September 17, 2023
- Man arrested after stabbing incident outside Terminal 1 in Dublin Airport - September 17, 2023