Travel Counsellors annual conference is set to ‘go virtual’ this week, featuring special guests and insights to look forward to a bright future, reports Shauna McCrudden
With face-to-face meetings almost impossible these days, the Travel Counsellors are adapting and will be ‘going virtual’. Their annual conference, which will see almost 2,000 Travel Counsellor business owners and colleagues tune in from across the globe, will mark the first time in the company’s history that the conference is solely streamed live.
The one-day virtual event on Friday, 20th November, will recognise how individual Travel Counsellors have come together to show care and support to their customers over recent months. Creating positive experiences, and nurturing trusted customer relationships, will be cited as the key to future business growth for the company’s business owners. The vital topic of looking after mental wellbeing will also feature throughout the agenda, as lockdown restrictions continue across the globe.
Cathy Burke, Managing Director of Travel Counsellors Ireland, says, “The UK conference is always one of the highlights of our year each November. We had the opportunity to get together in person with our colleagues from around the globe, to celebrate the achievements of our business and the wider community. This virtual conference will ensure our people still have the chance to connect and look forward to the future. We will be highlighting the tools, technology and community support in place to continue to grow successful businesses.”
Amongst a jam-packed agenda, special guests will include ‘free-from’ food entrepreneur Kirsty Henshaw and her journey from kitchen start-up to Dragon’s Den and growing a seven-figure business. Along with best-selling author Ruby Wax OBE. The world-renowned comedian, TV writer and performer holds a Master’s degree in Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy from Oxford University, and was awarded an OBE in 2015 for her services to mental health. Conference delegates can look forward to Ruby sharing her personal experience of managing mental wellbeing, and her work to raise awareness and a better understanding of mental health.
Conference favourite, author, and keynote speaker Dr Paul Redmond will also return to present his latest research on consumer behaviour. Dr Redmond will provide insights on how Travel Counsellors business owners can adopt an entrepreneurial mindset and embrace digital communication to continue to offer personalised experiences for their customers, as businesses face the challenges presented by the ‘new normal’.
“We will all take huge learnings from this year, and will be able to use these experiences to build resilient corporate and leisure travel businesses, backed by the personal experiences Travel Counsellors have provided for their customers throughout this time, showing care and providing real, human travel advice when it really mattered.”
Some highlights of the conference include:
- Spotlights on the latest innovations and best-practice in marketing, commercial trends, product updates and corporate travel
- Panel discussions with Travel Counsellors business owners offering real-life examples of ‘triumphing through adversity’
- A virtual evening bash, which is set to recognise a host of ‘TC Heroes’ across the global community who have looked after their customers, fellow Travel Counsellors and colleagues over a challenging period
- The ‘TCs Got Talent’ show
Cathy adds, “Despite this year’s challenges, it’s so important to set aside some time to recognise the achievements of those within Travel Counsellors who have gone above and beyond to support their customers. It’s been awe-inspiring to see the company community band together, not only proving that together there is a bright future ahead of us, but recognising the need for experienced travel professionals to be on-hand with expert advice as customers continue to navigate changing advice and seek safe ways to travel. We will come out of this period ready to support people to travel the globe once more.”
Latest posts by Shauna McCrudden (see all)
- Travel Counsellors takes annual conference to the virtual stage - November 19, 2020
- Sir James Galway joins Tourism Ireland to promote Northern Ireland around the world - November 16, 2020
- Shannon Group CEO would welcome Ireland visit by US President-elect Joe Biden - November 9, 2020
- Adare Manor named ‘Ireland’s Leading Hotel’ for the second year running - November 4, 2020
- Gerry O’Hare, Founder of Travel Extra - October 30, 2020