American Airlines decision to use the Airbus A330-200 on seasonal Dublin to Chicago service from May 6, instead of a Boeing 767-300ER has been welcomed by the trade.
Ryanair will increase its Dublin based fleet from 24 to 26 in summer, increasing iDublin to London Gatwick from 5 to 7 times daily from March, using IAG remedy slots surrendered as part of Aer Lingus takeover, iadding an extra flight to Dublin Amsterdam and adding Athens 3w and Vigo 2w. Ryanair’s Dublin Summer schedule will now feature 18 daily flights between Dublin and London.
United Airlines is to update its boarding algorithm later this year.
Ryanair have recruited a former Uber executive Cristian Samoilovich(previously with Boeing and Airbus) as head of Public affairs and former Lidl Ireland advertising head Matthias Wenkas Marketing Operations Director.
Irish owned ASL Airlines France is to offer a new service from Bordeaux to Hamburg.
A Green Party attempt to have new car parking facilities attached to Dublin Airport charged the full rate of development contribution failed.
AeroMexico and WestJet has announced codeshare partnership.
@causewaytours tweeted: Loving this year of food & drink lark. We’ll have to scoff it all ourselves as due to #APD no one can fly here anyway. I despair
- Ryanair have been awarded slots at Oslo Gardermoen airport.
- Airbus took 1,036 orders in 2015 and delivered 635 aircraft, Boeing took 768 orders last year and delivered 762 aircraft. Boeing had more success selling big-budget wide-body jets such as the 787 while Airbus sold mostly the single-aisle A320 range of jets.
- Figures by the IAA show that flights in and out of Irish airspace were up 5.6pc last year. An average of 2,811 flights were managed by the IAA, En route traffic increased by 5.4pc. North Atlantic Communications service increased 5.3pc. Dublin air traffic increased 10pc with a total of 191,233 recorded flights. Traffic to Shannon was down 12.5pc. Cork was down 8.6pc.
- Etihad carried 17.4m passengers in 2015, up 17pc YOY.
- Frankfurt Airport opened two yoga rooms for passengers.
- Etihad is to receive 10 aircraft deliveries in 2016 including five B787-9s, three A380s and two B777-200Fs.
- IAG signed a joint business agreement between BA, Iberia and LATAM Airlines Group.
- KLM developed a virtual reality app to allow passengers to explore its B787-9 Dreamliner.
- Malaysia Airlines will stop operating its daily Kuala Lumpur to Dubai service on February 15.
- AWAS is to purchase and leaseback three B787-8s from Ethiopian Airlines.
- Avolon chief executive Domhnal Slattery is to be based in Hong Kong for 2016 following the acquisition by Bohai Leasing. Avolon said China needs $1 trillion worth of aircraft over the next 20 years as the country under-ordered by 750 aircraft over the next decade.
- Ryanair is recruiting cabin crew, with recruitment days in Dublin on January 26 and February 26.