Pictured with Maurice Shiels of Topflight with Michelle McDonagh from Navan Travel, the second winner in the Topflight Hello Summer Family Holiday Giveaway. Michelle won a holiday at the four star Vila Petra Aparthotel in Albufeira. Next week’s Topflight winner will be heading to Lake Garda in Italy. Travel agents who book a ‘Great for Kids’ property during the week will be entered into a draw to win a family holiday to the four star Bella Italia complex in Lake Garda.
Celebrity Cruises have over 10 Celebrity Moment winners for Ireland on celebrityrewards.com, the agents with the most bookings in May and June will win €300 plus an award and surprises. Travel agents are earning up to €12 per booking in the Celebrity Rewards Scheme. Bookings remain on there for eight weeks.
Antonio Martin, the popular representative of Andalusian Tourist Board, along with Gonzalo Ceballos and the Spanish Tourist Office team in Ireland, hosted Irish travel trade and media at a workshop and meal in the Dining Hall in Trinity College to point out direct connections with Malaga, Almeria and Seville giving easy access to the region as well as the AVE high speed train connections to Malaga, Seville and Cordoba. Guest of honour for the evening was José María Rodríguez, Ambassador of Spain. Entertainment was provided by renowned tenor and double basse Miguel Sànchez, pianist Bernardo Jiménez and the acoustic guitarist Adriano Lozano. In 2015 Andalucía accounted for 21.6pc of Irish tourism to Spain, 299,165 visits. Picture Pat Dawson CEO of the ITAA, Gonzalo Ceballos of the Spanish Tourist board and Antonio Martin of Andalusia Tourist Board. See more pictures here or connect with the album on Facebook.
Picture shows agents on a Sunway fam trip to the Algarve in the Pestana Alvor. The Sunway team and a group of travel agents spent four nights in the Algarve, Portugal staying two nights each in the four star Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa Hotel, Albufeira and 2 nights in the four star Pestana Alvor Praia Hotel, Alvor. The group visited popular Sunway properties ranging from self-catering apartments to 5 star deluxe hotels in Albufeira, Praia da Oura, Da Balaia, Santa Eulalia, Falesia, Vilamoura, Alvor, Carvoeiro, Portimao and Praia da Rocha. They dined in Club Med Da Balaia, Epic Sana Algarve Hotel, Monte Santo Resort and local restaurants. Sunway offer holidays to the Algarve from €379pp this summer including flights, accommodation, 20kg baggage, transfers and services of a Sunway representative. Picture shows Hilary Mahon of Sunway, Linda Bradshaw of Sunway, Carmel Kehoe of Roscrea Travel, Emma Dinan of Douglas Travel, David Lacey of Paraic Keogh Travel, Rebecca McAreave of O’Hanrahan Travel, Tom Donohoe of Strand Travel, Gaynor Cunningham of Best4Travel, Georgina Kelly of Travel Broker, Judy Coughlan of Dawson Travel Ciara Sweeney of Corrib Travel and Samantha Gavigan of Kanes Travel. Not in picture Jeanette Taylor of Sunway.
Emirates hosted travel trade, corporate customers and guests at the Irish Open in the K Club. Three takeaways from the event: Emirates will take delivery of 36 new aircraft this year, and retire 26 older planes as part of its fleet renewal strategy. The new B777 aircraft arriving form November will feature the revamped business class seats manufactured at Kilkeel, Co Down that Travel Extra saw earlier this year at ITB. A new first class suite product will be launched by next year. Emirates have introduced a seventh daily Bangkok frequency and will introduce a third daily Dubai to Cape Town service from July 4th and have opened a new two-level premium lounge in Cape Town with a capacity of 120. Picture shows Lisa Rabbitte and Anita Thomas of Emirates. See more pictures here or connect with the album on Facebook.
- Travelport signed with Conferma for a hotel billback solution. Travelport was member of a consortium awarded EU funding to create online travel planning tool.
- The British National Assembly of Skål International takes place in Belfast on September 22-25.
- Sunway‘s 50th Birthday Media & Suppliers Lunch Is scheduled for September 28. Kathy Cashe celebrated 20 Years with the tour operator.
- Jonathan Adair and Brian Ogle launched the Northern Ireland Tourism and Travel Awards, sponsored by Blue Insurance. The event, now in its 25th year, takes place at the Slieve Donard on October 21. Picture shows Wesley Pentland, Edmund Hourican and Nicholas Parsons at the NI Travel and Tourism Awards in 1992.
- CLIA launched new Travel Agent Initiatives at their 10th Anniversary Conference.
- Amadeus published their Tourism Economics compiled from expert interviews with global luxury travel experts across specialist travel concierge agencies, airlines, hoteliers and intermediary suppliers through Connections, a global networking event organiser for luxury travel providers.
- Ed Finn’s new travel TV programme Never Been North airs at 8.00pm on TV3 on Friday, May 27.